day 18

~ a period of grieving ~

prompt: tear-stained
character: peter parker (a.g.)
warnings: crying, mention of death

Despite sharing three period with Peter Parker, chemistry, history, and English, you've rarely spoken to him. His almost 'too cool for school because I already know everything we're learning' attitude putting him nearly off of your radar. However, you always thought his skateboard was cool, you've imagined him teaching you before, holding your hand as he helps you onto one. The pictures he would take for the yearbook impressed you, especially the candid ones that he would take of you laughing or talking in the background of a picture. Something about him both fascinated and worried you.

You never even considered actually talking to him, until you heard news of his Uncle, Uncle Ben, dying. From the news it had seemed as though it was a gunshot wound, shot outside of a shop because someone was trying to steal something. When you were younger, the same thing happened to your mom, when she was just trying to do the right thing. It was at this point that you figured he may need a friend, someone he could lean onto. His locker only sitting a few away from yours making that easy. With the both of you staying after school for no particular reasons, you find that it's the perfect time to talk.

Peter leans his head against his locker, his arm holding him back slightly. "Peter? Parker?" You ask, looking over at him, closing your locker in the process. He looks over to you, his face looking as though tears had just recently fell upon them, they were tear-stained. You know that feeling all to well, the tears crying and becoming a part of your face, feeling crackly as you attempt to hide it. "Yeah?" He questions, closing his locker and setting his skateboard down. "I know what it's like to lose a loved one and I hope you're doing okay."

"If you ever need to talk, or just need a distraction, I'm here," you say, your voice almost lowering to a whisper, a sweet nothing that only he can hear. His eyes immediately well up; tears cascade down his face. Despite the personal bubble you've built for yourself you walk up to him, wrapping your arms around his shoulders. Peter's arms wrap around your torso, embracing you. You can feel the tears build up on your shoulder, making the sleeve slightly damp. It's like you're in your own world with him, a feeling you had never felt in your life.

His hands grasp at your shirt, silently pulling you even close. You squeeze him as well, wanting him to know that you're here for him. "Peter, it's okay, you're going to be okay," with another whisper, his cries become somewhat vocal. It echoes throughout the hall, illuminating the pain that he was going through. Even your eyes begin to swell with water. Something about his broken figure bringing you a sense of empathy and understanding that some others wouldn't have in his situation. "You're so strong, Peter," with another soothing whisper, he lets go of your shirt, instead just resting his palms against your back. The intimacy of the moment truly bringing you too together, connecting two completely estranged people together for even a moment.

    Even though you're near strangers and everything feels like it should feel wrong, it feels so right. The ways in which the two of you can hold each other close and never let go feels amazing. With the great feeling soon coming to an end, his somewhat silent cries coming to a close, you pull back, looking up at his bloodshot eyes. Peter's eyelids are swollen and his face is red. Tear stains riddle his face as he brings his hand up to his face and rubs the extra tears away. After doing so he looks back at you with a sense of need.

    "Thank you, I really needed that, if you couldn't tell," Peter attempts to joke the situation away, a half smile on his face. You shrug, trying to act as if you didn't just hug a complete stranger because you could relate to them, "I get it. But take up my offer sometime, I've always wanted to learn how to skateboard." He lets out a sigh and raises his eyebrows. His smile turns more into a genuine one as he nods, looking down at his own set of wheels. "I'll definitely take your offer up sometime. Actually, would you like to come to this great Chinese place with me, like right now?"

Your eyes widen with surprise, this kind of thing not normally happening to you. Maybe it was the feeling you imprinted onto the boy, but you felt it too. "Yeah, I would love to get Chinese with you."