𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

I gasped awake, looking around in confusion. Stiles shushed me and pulled me back into his embrace; apparently, I had been using him as a pillow. "What happened?" I asked, brushing my hair back. "A lot," Malia grumbled, her arms crossed across the room. I furrowed my brow and turned to Stiles. "I had a weird dream. I could control things with my mind, and you were dying. I felt this strange possessiveness over you, like I had to protect you from everyone. Lydia mentioned my hair being white and my eyes being gold," I spoke, a hint of panic in my voice as I placed my hand on my pounding head.

"Steph... that actually happened," Scott said, sitting on the sheriff's desk. Derek leaned against the wall, smirking slightly. "Seems like going nova is akin to being a new wolf, out of control," he remarked. Confusion filled my face as I furrowed my brow. "Nova?" I asked, seeking clarification. But then, a sharp pain in my head reminded me of Danielle's explanation. "Where's Danielle?!" I cried out in pain, attempting to get up and reach the door, but the throbbing intensified, causing me to lose my balance and fall. I sat down, holding my head tightly. "Ah! Fuck!" I exclaimed, the pain making it hard to focus and think clearly.

"Steph? What's happening?" Stiles rushed over, sitting next to me and cradling my face in his hands. "Pounding," I managed to utter, gasping slightly as the pain made coherent thoughts difficult. "Danielle mentioned you might have a headache from saving me," Stiles explained, pulling me closer into his chest. I groaned loudly, clutching his shirt tightly. "M-make it stop!" I cried out, my knuckles turning white from the intensity of my grip. Stiles rubbed my back gently, and Scott walked over, placing his hand on my arm. I sighed in relief as he eased some of my pain. "Fuck. Thank you," I breathed, feeling a wave of relief wash over me as I started to relax in Stiles' arms. "Yeah," Scott replied, his expression filled with concern.

Lydia, sitting in the desk chair, spoke up. "What do you remember?" she asked. "Most of it, I guess, although it feels more like a dream," I frowned, sitting up and moving out of Stiles' embrace. "It's hard to say."

They went on to explain everything, including the fact that Danielle had been taken to Eichen House. Part of me was annoyed because I still had unanswered questions, but at the same time, I didn't particularly want to see her again. "What did you feel?" Derek asked, furrowing his brow at me. "Um, mostly numb. Except when it came to Stiles. That was the only time I didn't feel entirely logical. It was like he was the only thing in the world that mattered," I explained, feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks.

I glanced over at Stiles, and his eyes were soft, filled with care. "Even when you're in crazy witch mode, you care about me," he joked, a grin spreading across his face. Lydia studied us intently, almost as if she were examining something. "I wonder if you have a special connection or bond," she mused. "Um, maybe. Although, as far as I know, the only true supernatural bond a witch can have is a familiar, and last I checked, Stiles wasn't an animal," I said, taking a moment to think about it while playing with the slightly loose rings on my fingers.

Stiles couldn't resist making a quip. "Except in the sheets," he joked, earning a smack on the chest from me. "Ew, Stiles!" I exclaimed, holding back a laugh and secretly agreeing with his statement. "What? Just saying," he raised his hands in surrender, and Scott chuckled, shaking his head at his best friend. "Not the time, Stiles," Malia pointed out, also fighting back a laugh.

Lydia considered my point and nodded. "Yeah, well, it's something I think you should look into. You even seemed to get mad at Malia for touching him," she pointed out, causing guilt to flood my stomach. "I'm sorry, Malia," I frowned, turning to the werecoyote. She waved it off. "I get it. No worries. But I don't think it was just touching. I think being close to him was part of it too. I wonder if it's almost like a mate thing, like wolves have." Malia pondered out loud.