𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

I continued to follow Stiles down the school halls It had been a week since the party, and despite Scott managing to mend his friendship with Stiles, I was still on the receiving end of his cold shoulder."Oh, come on, Mischief, please," I implored, my voice filled with longing. "I miss your voice, your goofy thoughts, your sarcasm." I couldn't bear the emptiness of his silence, craving the familiar banter

Silence

With a heavy sigh, I couldn't resist reaching out, poking his shoulder as he struggled to open his locker, his eyes deliberately avoiding mine. His anger was palpable, etched onto his face, and though I was saddened that it was directed at me, I couldn't help but find him incredibly attractive, even in his state of anger. "Stiles, please, it was just one time!" I pleaded, my voice laced with a hint of desperation. I leaned against the lockers next to him, hoping to break through his defensive barrier. "Just hear me out, okay? No one was supposed to know. We've both been under so much stress for the past two years, you know that. It was a one-time thing, no emotions involved, just sex. It meant nothing. I just needed some release, to find some momentary relief from the hell we've lived the past 2 years." I did my best to explain, hoping he would understand.

Nothing.

He forcefully shoved his books into his locker, disregarding my presence. My heart sank, and I couldn't bear the silence any longer. "Please, Stiles, talk to me! What can I do to make you listen?" I pleaded, desperation seeping into my voice. The last time he was this furious with one of us was when Scott kissed Lydia. Even when he eventually spoke to Scott, he had subjected him to various forms of punishment, including making him drink water from a doggy bowl while chained to a radiator, pelting him with lacrosse balls, and orchestrating a situation where he got beaten up after keying a random kid's truck.

"I'll do anything to get you to talk to me, Stiles. I'll let you do what you did to Scott when he kissed Lydia. Is that what you need? To beat me up with lacrosse balls? Or I can arrange a date with Lydia for you, or um... I'll pay to get anything Roscoe needs fixed," I pleaded, desperation seeping into my voice. Finally, Stiles looked at me, his eyes still filled with anger. "Stop, Persephone. What part of a silent treatment don't you understand?" He practically growled, his frustration palpable. "I don't want to pelt lacrosse balls at you or anything. Just... leave me alone," he hissed before closing his locker and walking away.

"Mischief, wait! Please, please just let me do something, let me fix this. You're my best friend. I need you. I miss you," I shouted after him, unable to contain my desperation. I chased after him, hoping to catch his attention. "Should've thought about that before you went and fucked Scott!" he yelled, turning to face me, causing me to shrink back in response. A few curious students around us glanced our way, sensing the tension. "What can I do? Please, let me do something. I need you, Mischief," I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes as he continued to regard me with disgust and anger.

"You want me to talk to you? Fine. Why? Why Scott? Of all the people at that party?" he asked, his arms now folded across his chest. I cleared my throat, feeling a lump forming. I looked down, trying to gather my thoughts. "I trust him, a-and I don't know. He makes me comfortable, so I guess I just..." I trailed off with a slight shrug, my gaze meeting his once again. The frown on my face felt like a permanent fixture now. "You also trust me, so why didn't you ask me?" he suddenly questioned, his anger still radiating from him. And in that moment, his anger started to affect me too, and I could feel my own frustration building.

"I couldn't fucking find you all night, and I couldn't be with you. With Scott, there are no fucking feelings, Stiles. None. It's just sex with him. Which was what I was looking for there. It's too complicated with you, and god knows what you were doing. Neither you nor Lydia were around, so maybe you both were fucking already!" I ranted, spewing words fueled by frustration. "With me its too complicated? What makes it so complicated huh?" Stiles seemed to completely ignore my mention of him and Lydia. His anger was so intense that I half-expected his eyes to turn red.