𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘

I raise an eyebrow at Stiles, my arms crossed tightly across my chest. We were at weekend Lacrosse practice, and Stiles was bent over, struggling to catch his breath. "Dude, what are you?" he wheezes, clearly exhausted. He had challenged me to a race and failed miserably.

"Fit," I respond with a teasing grin. Stiles straightens up and glares at me. "That's just rude, Steph," he points out, trying to find a comeback.

I shrug nonchalantly, my grin widening. "Sore loser," I tease, causing him to gasp in mock offense. "I am not..." he starts to protest, but realizing his defeat, he clears his throat. "Yet," he mumbles quietly to himself, which only makes me laugh.

Turning my attention to Scott, who had joined us on the bench, "Any luck figuring out the whole witch thing?"

"Yeah, a little bit. Turns out there's a family from Beacon Hills involved. It's a lineage of women with witch powers," Scott explains, adjusting the strings on his lacrosse stick. "According to Deaton, if a woman possesses witch powers, her children can inherit them and pass them down to future generations. So, even if there are only male descendants in the family, they still carry the gene and can pass it on to their kids. The power keeps searching for the next woman in the family to carry it, getting stronger with each generation."

I listen intently, frowning slightly, but then curious "Huh, that's pretty cool," I comment. "I wouldn't mind being a witch." I look at my hands and playfully try to conjure some magic, as if I were Scarlet Witch or something.

"According to a book I read at Deaton's, a witch can only awaken her powers in a few specific ways," Scott explains, his gaze fixed on the team practicing in the distance. "One way is through a near-death experience. Another is when something triggers it, like intense emotions such as pleasure, rage, pain, or grief. And the last way is through a supernatural creature's attack, like being bitten or scratched by an alpha werewolf, kanima, vampire, wendigo, and so on." He shrugs, seemingly absorbed in his thoughts.

Meanwhile, I've moved on from attempting magic with my hands to trying to wiggle my nose.

I laugh and playfully nudge Scott's arm. "Come on, Scott, give it a try. Maybe I'll discover some hidden magical powers." I jokingly extend my arm towards him, but he just chuckles and pushes my arm down gently.

"Well, if you do have any dormant witch powers, I'm sure they'll reveal themselves in due time," Scott replies, his voice filled with a mix of amusement and curiosity. "From what I gather, this witch doesn't seem very skilled or experienced. The attacks have been messy and relatively easy to figure out. So it makes me wonder if she's a recent addition to the supernatural world." He ponders aloud, his thoughts wandering.

Stiles's eyes widen as he listens to Scott. "You might be onto something there," he exclaims, his excitement evident. "If the witch's powers are triggered by near-death experiences or wounds from supernatural creatures, we can narrow down the possibilities."

I smile at Stiles's enthusiasm, appreciating his determination. "But don't forget, Stiles, immense emotions can also be a trigger," I interject, causing his expression to falter. He scratches his head, contemplating my point. "Yeah, but how likely is it for someone to become so emotionally charged over something they caused with their powers?" he questions, his tone filled with doubt.

My eyebrows raise, and I exchange a glance with Scott before turning my attention back to Stiles. Leaning forward, I play with the leather bracelet on my wrist as I respond. "More often than you think," I reply, squinting a bit from the bright sun. Stiles furrows his brows and nods, accepting my statement. "Alright, then where do you suggest we start?" he asks, his tone slightly challenging.