𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

I sat on the bench next to Stiles, my eyes focused on the intense Lacrosse game unfolding in front of us. "Come on, McCall!" I called out enthusiastically as Scott was tackled by a player from the opposing team. Lydia joined us, wearing a concerned frown. "Why aren't you out there?" she asked, curious about my absence from the game.

"I'm being punished by Coach for fighting with a teammate during practice," I grumbled, still feeling annoyed about the whole situation. It was Collins' fault—he had inappropriately touched my ass, thinking it was okay, so I had punched him in response. "You literally broke his nose," Stiles scoffed, unable to suppress a laugh. "As much as I appreciate you defending yourself, you can't go around breaking bones. One punch was warranted, but you punched him four times and kicked him in the balls," he pointed out, his amusement evident.

"It was self-defense," I defended my actions, pouting slightly. "And the guy should've been wearing a cup." Stiles shook his head, patting my thigh lightly. "Not the point, Steph," he said, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation. Lydia, however, wore a proud smile. "Damn, you're a bad bitch," she complimented, causing me to grin. "You know it," I replied, winking at her.

Suddenly, my attention shifted back to the game just in time to witness Scott knock down two opponents and score a goal. We all jumped up from the bench, cheering loudly with giant grins plastered on our faces. "WOO! GO SCOTTY!" I yelled, unable to contain my excitement. Then, Coach's voice rang out from the sideline. "Stilinski, on the field." Stiles turned to me in shock. "Wait, what?" he exclaimed, caught off guard by the unexpected call. 

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I watched Stiles grab his helmet and lacrosse stick, getting ready to join the game. It reminded me of the first time Coach had put him out there, and how surprised he had been when he scored a goal. That memory brought a smile to my face, filled with pride for my best friend.

***Flashback***

"We are losing, dude," Stiles remarked, voicing his concern to both me and Scott. I raised an eyebrow at him."The hell are you talking about? The game hasn't even started yet. Now put on your helmet and get out there. you're in for greenberg." Coach said, leaning over between Stiles and me. "What? What happened to Greenberg?" Stiles asked, clearly confused. I shared his confusion and looked at Coach for an explanation. "What happened to Greenberg? He sucks, and you suck slightly less,"

"I'm playing? On the field? With the team?" Stiles questioned, his eyes widening in surprise. Coach nodded impatiently. "Yes, unless you'd rather play with yourself!" he exclaimed, clearly annoyed. Stiles, true to form, couldn't resist a witty response. "I already did that. Twice," he replied, earning a smack on the head from me. My cheeks flushed slightly, and I hoped they would attribute it to the cold wind.

"Get the hell out there!" Coach yelled, walking away with a mix of annoyance and mild disgust towards Stiles. Scott couldn't contain his laughter, thoroughly entertained by the entire interaction.

***End Flashback***

I couldn't help but giggle to myself as I watched Stiles run to the field, taking his position. The whistle blew, signaling the start of the game. I had to admit, his performance on the field wasn't particularly impressive. Coach had been right about that—he had his moments of sucking. But damn, he was cute, and I couldn't deny the excitement and joy he exuded whenever he did something right.

And right now, he had just scored a goal. Not just any goal, but the winning goal of the night. A wide grin spread across my face as I jumped up in excitement, shouting, "YEAH! GO STILES!!" My hands were raised high above my head as I jumped up and down. Without hesitation, I started running towards the field where Scott was already congratulating our best friend. I swiftly pushed Scott aside and jumped into Stiles' arms, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck and my legs around his waist. His strong arm instinctively slid under my butt to support me, while the other arm secured me against him by wrapping around my back.