𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

I slow the car down to a stop, rolling down Roscoe's window. "Get in, losers!" I yell to Scott and Stiles as they walk towards the light blue old Jeep. The two boys glance up at me from their conversation, jogging towards the car and hopping in, and I start driving again.

"Okay, I've got a few questions," I start, glancing at the slightly bloody Scott in the back seat. "First, what the fuck? Second, how the fuck did you end up here? And third, why the fuck didn't you take your own car?" I direct the last question at Stiles.

"It's a simple story, really. Malia and Scott were looking for Jennie, and Malia lost her temper, which caused a fight. I rode over with Derek to help," Stiles says casually, observing me as I drive, almost protective of his beloved Jeep. "What he said," Scott chimes in, attempting to give me an apologetic look.

"You both are complete idiots. It's two o'clock in the morning!" I hiss as I come to a stop at a red light. "Look, I'm sorry we had to wake you up. Thank you for coming to get us," Scott speaks sincerely.

"It's fine. I'm more upset that you went off without me!" I retort, glancing over at Stiles. He appears lost in thought, a small cut on his forehead still bleeding, his t-shirt slightly ripped at his rib cage with a scrape across the exposed skin. His hands are clenched into fists, accentuating the veins on his arms. Damn those veins... "Stiles?... Mischief?" I call out, using the nickname only his mom and I have ever used for him.

He blinked and looked up, meeting my eyes briefly before I turned my attention back to the road. "You okay, Mischief?" I asked softly as I pulled up to a gas station. Despite my frustration, seeing Stiles in this state made me soften. I could never stay mad at these two for long. I noticed that the gas gauge still wasn't fixed, but I could tell that Roscoe needed some fuel.

"Yeah, sorry. I just..." Stiles huffed, his frustration evident. "That never would have happened if Malia didn't lose control," he sighed, rubbing his face with his dirty hands. I gave him a sympathetic smile. "You can't change the past, man. Shit happens. Malia is still learning," I pointed out, trying to offer some perspective. I hopped out of the car and began filling the gas tank while Stiles and Scott continued to chat about the recent events. Once I finished, I hopped back into Roscoe, started the engine, and began driving the boys back home.

"You owe me 20 bucks for gas," I said, bringing the car to a stop in the Stilinski's driveway after dropping off Scott. We both hopped out, and I handed Stiles his keys. He rolled his eyes in response and nodded. "Yeah, yeah," he muttered as he shoved the keys into his pocket. Then, unexpectedly, he pulled me into a tight hug, his warm scent enveloping me as his arms wrapped around me securely.

At first, I was caught off guard, my eyes widening in surprise, but soon I found myself reciprocating the embrace, wrapping my arms around him as well. "Sleepover?" His tone was serious, his voice hushed and slightly rough, clearly in need of some comfort. I nodded slightly, my voice muffled as I spoke into his chest, "Yeah, okay." In that moment, I allowed myself to enjoy the warmth and solace of his embrace.

He released me from the embrace, and the chilly night air replaced the warmth of his hug. I quickly sent a text to my parents, letting them know where I was and a quick 'love you' at the end. Following Stiles into the house, we made our way up to his room. "You can borrow clothes to sleep in, if you'd like," he offered, gesturing towards my jeans and t-shirt. Normally, I would have been in comfortable sweats, but I had fallen asleep studying at my desk and hadn't had a chance to change before leaving the house.

I nodded appreciatively and walked over to his dresser, selecting a pair of boxers and a t-shirt. With the clothes in hand, I made my way to the bathroom to change. My father, unsurprisingly awake even at this late hour, sent me a text message that read, "Okay, I love you, be safe!" A soft smile formed on my lips as I read his message.