Chapter 35 - ✓

They went back to the table and Angge offered Shainna a seat beside her.

"Hi guys," Shainna greeted them again. "Hello, Gayle. Do you drink whiskey?" RC asked because she's the one pouring them drinks.

"Of course, my company doesn't forbid me. Oh, and even if they do, I'd still drink secretly," Shainna said and chuckled.

"You're really one of us," Ana said after laughing.

"Shainna, do you remember Georgia?" Cody suddenly asked. Shainna replied, "Yes, how can I forget that girl? She was one of my best friends. Why do you know her?"

"She's actually my girlfriend."

"Oh my, you should have come with her. How is she by the way? I haven't seen her for so long," she said. Honestly, she miss that girl along with Soffie and Belle. She had been wondering how they've been. Actually, she feels bad that she wasn't able to say goodbye to them before heading to Paris but she didn't have the chance to. Hopefully, they were able to understand her situation.

"Angge also said that earlier. However, you know that woman. She's a workaholic, she won't miss work unless it's for something really important," Cody said, shrugging her shoulder.

"By the way, where is Carmela?" Shainna noticed that her cousin wasn't around. She saw the woman when they arrived but now she's nowhere to be found.

"She probably left already," Ana answered.

"Why?"

"My dear Shinayah, how are we supposed to know?" Angge said and chuckled. Shainna glared at her playfully.

Shainna started drinking along with Angge's friend. As the time goes by, she eventually felt comfortable with them. It's like all of them share the same brain cells. It's not surprising though, y'know birds of the same feather flock together. She finds them so fun to be with though. She's literally laughing most of them time because of their lame and stupid jokes.

"So Gayle, can you tell us what exactly happened?" Wea suddenly asked. She really opens up topics randomly.

"Uh, you actually don't have to tell us, Gayle. Don't mind this idiot," Ana said and smiled awkwardly before giving Wea a meaningful look.

"No, it's alright. I'm already starting to get over it anyway. So, here's what happened. As you know, Jhane and I was having a great life in Palawan until ex-fiancé that my parents arranged for me ruined everything. The guy took me back to my parents and I didn't have a choice but to go with him because they already know Jhane. I know if I disobey them, they'd hurt her," Shainna started. Then she heaved a sigh.

"And they still did, right? Did they have something to with Angge's accident?" Judith asked.

"That is something that I'm not sure of. I actually just found out about the accident recently and I sure hope that it's not because of them because if they did it, I will make them pay for it. Anyway, let's go back to where we were. So, when I got back to my parents, they locked me up in the house. I could run away again if I wanted to but they threatened me again."

Everyone was listening attentive as if they didn't want to miss a single detail.

"Using Angge?" Shas asked and Shainna nodded. "I did whatever they want me to do in order to protect her. I know my parents, they can do whatever they want with just a snap of their fingers."

"Damn, they're so evil. How can they do it to their own child?" RC mumbled. "They're psycho," Ana added.

"Just when I thought that things were already bad, it only got worse when I found out that I was pregnant. It's not because I didn't want the babies but I knew that they'd try to hurt them. I tried to keep it from them but they eventually found out. My mom, she wanted me to get rid of my babies, my own blood and flesh, her grandchildren." Shainna began to get emotional, fortunately Angge is beside her. The latter rubbed her back comfortingly and whispered that she can stop telling them if she can't do it but Shainna said that she'd continue tho.