Chapter 19 - ✓

A couple of minutes after eating, they headed towards the mainland through one of the boats that Shainna own. It took almost an hour until they got there and Angge was so exhausted from paddling.

She was about to say something when Shainna said, "Don't complain, you're the one who wanted to come here."

"Because I didn't know it would be this exhausting. Why didn't you have a boat with an engine?" Angge pouted. Shainna did take turns paddling but not as much as Angge because she easily gets tired.

"The guy who sent us to the island used my speed boat, remember? But it's fine, we'll use it later. I'll just text him to swap," Shainna said.

"Thank God because if I still do the paddling later, I think my arms would fall off already?"

"Let's go, I suddenly got hungry."

They immediately went headed to the port. But before getting there, they had stop-overs to some nearby stalls.

"Do you eat kwek kwek?" Angge asked because she saw a stall of street foods.

"Of course, I often buy street foods when I'm here. Come on, I want to eat. And oh, you can eat as many as you can, it's my treat and compensation for making your paddle. Sorry, I wasn't much of a help. It's just that I easily get tired and out of breath," Shainna said sincerely.

"Hey, it's fine. I understand but I won't decline your offer," Angge replied and giggled.

"Let's go," Shainna said and she dragged Angge by the wrist as she ran towards the stall.

They kept on eating kwek kwek, isaw, balut, kikiam, and fishball without minding how much they've consumed. Shainna said that Angge can eat no matter how many she likes, so she seized the opportunity.

"You're a cheap date," Shainna said and chuckled before eating her fifth stick of isaw.

"Cheap date? I already ate a lot of random street foods," Angge said.

"That's still so cheap. I can even buy this stall if I want," The other girl said and giggled.

"You have a nice job, do you?" Angge asked but Shainna just shrugged her shoulders.

"Stop eating already. You might have a stomach ache later." Shainna took the kwek kwek from Angge's hand.

"But you said, I can eat as many as I want," she pouted like a five-year-old kid.

"I'm taking it back. You can't eat as many as you can because these are street foods, eating too much can be harmful. Do you understand?" Shainna said as if she was talking to a child.

"Fine."

She ate the kwek kwek she took from Angge and then paid for all the food they ate. After that, Shainna spotted daisies on a flower stall. So, she headed towards it. Angge just tailed behind her cluelessly.

"What are we doing here?" Angge asked quizzically.

"Buy flowers of course," Shainna replied.

"Hi ladies, what flower would you like to buy?" The old lady who owned the stall asked.

"I'd love a bouquet of those pretty daisies," Shainna said and smiled as she pointed the daisies.

"You like daisies?" Angge asked. Shainna replied saying, "Yes, it's my favorite flower." Then she smiled.

"Just wait a minute, alright?" The old woman said.