Chapter 18 - ✓

"I'm starving. Cook food for me, Simang," Shainna said while rubbing her tummy.

"Simang? What the fuck is Simang?" Angge creased her forehead.

"That's my nickname for you, idiot. It's because you've been frowning since earlier. Are you regretting that you came here?" She said crossed her arms.

"I really thought you were nice," Angge said and pouted, pretending to be sad.

"I will be nice if you cook food for me," the small woman replied and grinned.

Angelica began fidgeting her fingers and said, "Uh, the thing is...the only dish I know to cook are fried foods and Pancit Canton."

She smiled at Shainna Gayle awkwardly. Shainna face palmed and just replied, "Fine, pancit canton will do. Just don't burn the cabin, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," Angge said playfully and bowed.

While she was cooking the pancit canton, she came to think of what was going on. She was amazed at how they became close that quick. It felt as if they had already known each other for a long time.

When they leave the island, she'd like to introduce the woman to her friends. She's sure they'll like her. But then, she remembered what the latter said earlier.

She must not tell anyone about Gayle, especially about her whereabouts. She doesn't know why but she'd better do what the woman said or else she or Gayle might get in trouble.

"Jhane! Is it cooked yet?" She heard Shainna yell from the room.

This woman seemed a bit bossy but just like she said, since she's staying there for free, she'll have to just get along with her. However, if she'll be the one who'll cook for the rest of their days there, they could end up having kidney problems or she could burn down the cabin because cooking is really not her forte.

"Not yet, madame," she replied.

"What's taking you so long? I'm so hungry," the woman whined.

"It's almost done! If you won't stop nagging I'll put poison to your food!"

"You can't do that."

Of course, she can't do that because aside that she isn't a murderer, she doesn't have poison with her.

"Why can't I?"

"Because there is no poison in this house." Shainna confidently said.

"Then I'll just spit on it," Angge said and let out an evil laugh to annoy Shainna more.

"Yah! You're so disgusting!"

"I was just kidding but if you keep on complaining I might actually do that." She chuckled.

A few seconds later, Shainna went marching towards the kitchen. She was afraid that Angelica would really spit on her food. That would be disgusting.

"Why are you here?" Angge asked the grumpy woman who had her eyebrows meeting.

"I'm watching you," she said and took a seat as she watch Angge cook the pancit canton. She's making sure that the latter won't mess with her meal.

When the pancit canton was cooked, that's when Shainna realize that she forgot to tell Angge to cook rice. She scolded Angge saying that the latter didn't use her common sense. They ended up bickering again but they just ate the pancit canton without rice eventually.