Chapter 28 - Jake and Neytiri

Jake's Pov

I was stood next to Neteyam teaching him how to use a bow and arrow, he was only young but he had to learn these things although it hurt him to think of this young, sweet, innocent boy learning how to shoot.

'Over there!' I whisper holding Neteyam's elbow back where he had his bow drawn. I move his elbow gently in the direction of it as he shoots at it and pierces it through the fish's body.

Neteyam squeals proudly as I feel tears well up in my eyes.

He grabs the fish with the arrow piercing the body and hold it up to me gazing up to me wishing with every ounce of him that I would be proud of his catch.

'It was over there! Right where you said!' Neteyam squeals excitedly causing my to close my eyes wanting to relive this moment over and over and ove-

'Dad?' It was a much deeper voice now, 'why're you crying?'

I open my eyes to see the Neteyam I saw only a couple of days a go looking up at me.

I gasp and reach out to him, wanting to cradle and hug and scream and shout to Eywa.

'I'm just happy to see you son.' I whisper to him to which he smiles back at me to. I watch my wife Neytiri appear from the bushes behind us as younger Neteyam returns back to us.

We stay there for a while, playing and jumping around; catching all the big fish we could find.

'Tonight, we will have such a feast!' Young Neteyam tells us happily as he splashes his feet in the water.

Oh Eywa, be good to my boy. I pray silently in my head before snapping back to the grey world we now live have to live in.