Chapter 12

A couple days had passed since Lo'ak and I's kiss. We hadn't spoken about it nor had it happened again. We had definitely been extra flirty though, it was starting to get on Neteyam's nerves I think. I think he felt 'out of the loop' or something.

Neteyam had injured himself whilst swimming in the reef so was resting for now which made Lo'ak move up to the big brother position for his younger sisters.

Jake was calling Lo'ak and I to the tent via the neck communicators. We were practising our sign language and stopped in our tracks exchanging nervous glances when the message came through.

'What do you think he wants?' I say, 'Lo'ak what've you done this time.'

'Hey. I haven't done shit. I've literally been by your side constantly I couldn't have done anything anyway.' Lo'ak retorts rolling his eyes at my assumption. I laugh as we head towards our Mauri pod. We enter to see Jake and Neytiri in conversation, I make our presence known by clearing my throat.

'Sir' I say, 'you asked to see us.' Jake turns around to see us standing before him.

'I have a mission for you.'

Lo'ak and I exchange glaces once again.

'I need you to do something and I need you to take it seriously. I would have asked Neteyam for something like this but he's resting.' Lo'ak rolls his eyes slightly at the comment about Neteyam.

'You must go to the Omatikya clan with this note in my hand. You will take the Ikran. If you leave today you should be back by tomorrow evening. I also want you to check that everything is okay at the base and the Sky People haven't invaded.' Jake continues, 'you listen to me, you must approach with caution and if there is any, and I mean it, any sign of battle you leave immediately. Do you accept.'

Lo'ak couldn't believe what he was hearing, he was being asked by his father to do something that could make him see him more. He cannot fuck this up.
'Dad, we will pack and leave straight away, right Mai?'
I nod aggressively, determined to execute this mission with great success.

I see Jake's shoulders relax as he passes a leaf made envelope to Lo'ak who clutches it tightly.

'My son, my Mai, travel safe and hurry back.' Neytiri says kissing our foreheads.

Lo'ak and I nod before leaving the pod to our Ikran that would take us back to the forest.

'Lo'ak! Mai!' Tuk was running out behind us. I knelt on my knees and give her a warm embrace.

'See you tomorrow Tuk' I say squeezing her nose gently before she wraps her little arms around me.

'You ready Mai' I hear Lo'ak from behind me ready to go.

'Never been more ready.' I grin at Lo'ak before running and jumping on the back latching myself onto him for protection.

He lets out a call which echoes over the ocean before he wills the Ikran into the air taking us home.