Chapter 1

"Screw you Skxawng' I yelled at Neteyam as he swooped his Ikran near me nearly causing me to fall off him. We were gliding through the hallelujah mountains of Pandora on our Ikrans making our way back to Neteyam's area in the Omatikaya clan base. I couldn't wait to meet his whole family. Neteyam and I have been friends for months now but as his father is the one and only Toruk Makto he hasn't introduced me to his brothers and sisters as they're kept in a separate part of the village.

Jake Sully would hold meetings a lot, but his kids were nowhere to be seen. I wonder what they're like. 'Mai, we're here' Neteyam tells me excitedly as he wills his ikran to perch on a tree near a huge tent, I will mine to do the same. I quickly dust myself off and pull my braids infront of my shoulders as if to almost hide myself, why was I so nervous?

'Neteyam, where the fuc-' a boy with an ikran nail necklace stops dead in his tracks as he comes out of the tent and rests his eyes on me, his human - like eyebrows raise slightly as he darts his eyes between us as if he's trying to figure something out. He clears his throat, 'Neteyam I didn't realise we were going to have guests, you coulda told me bro'  the boy looked flustered as if he was embarrassed or something.
'Bro come on, this is Mai, you know the girl I've told you about, my friend'

Why did Neteyam feel the need to emphasise friend that much? 'This is my brother, Lo'ak, he's a skxawng, i'm always cleaning up his fucking mess' Neteyam laughs and swings his head back to look at me making his braids almost hit him in the eye 'Don't be shy, why am I the only one talking right now?'

To tell the truth I was studying his brother Lo'ak, I found him beautiful, I mean Neteyam is a good looking guy, and so is his dad, we all thought so in the clan, but I didn't expect there to be more attractive Sully's.
'Hey, Lo'ak' Lo'ak says whilst dragging his two fingers from his forehead and out in the air, i reciprocate the action and we hold eye contact for a minute. 'Neteyam!' A voice exclaims from inside the tent startling us all, I recognise it to be his mother, Neytiri. 'One second I'll be right back' Neteyam says as he runs inside the tent to speak with his mother.

I'm left alone with Lo'ak Sully, son of Toruk Makto, am I supposed to call him, like, sir? Is he going to be super stuck u- 'I'm so fucking pissed, Neteyam told me he'll be back hours a go because we were going to go riding on our Ikran's tonight' Lo'ak whines. I shuffle my feet knowing full well that it's my fault we were back late tonight as I wanted to go searching for a specific type of berry. I gaze off looking at the sun setting whilst hearing Lo'ak complain about his brother behind me, all I could think of is sitting at the top of the tallest tree and watching the purple colours set in the sky.

'Hey wanna see something cool?' I say to Lo'ak shutting him up, 'Yeah, I'm down what is it' he replies. I run towards my Ikran which startles him, I think he was expecting me to pull something out of my pocket. I mount Meelo (my Ikran) and stare back at the boy who seemed to have his feet rooted in the ground, 'well are you coming?' I question dragging my waist long beaded hair tying it back. I reach round behind me and make the bond whilst staring into Lo'ak's eyes daring him to join me on this adventure.

He smiles at me and runs towards the edge of the cliff letting out a call, he jumps off making me gasp thinking he's about to fall to his death when a yellow Ikran glides through the air catching him gracefully, he makes the bond and swoops by me a smirk on his face.
He's impressed me and he knows it.

'Okay, show off. Follow me.' We almost seem to chase each-other through the trees darting in between the leaves trying to go faster than one another, I let out an exclaim of excitement as we fly to the tallest tree in our land, just as we arrive I slip off Meelo mid air and land perfectly on the tree branch that allows me to gaze upon the skyline. Lo'ak scoffs. Yeah, two can play that game.

His Ikran drops him off next to me and glides off into the distance, we watch him in awe of the colours that are being produced from out beautiful world.

'I come here whenever the sunset is this colour, isn't it perfect' I whisper to the boy I've just met, I somehow just knew he would love it. His eyes are fixated on the sky and I can see them scanning every detail, so whilst he's doing that I take the time to scan his details. His bright yellow eyes and the orange beads that are braided into his hair, he has a freckle just above his mouth, and unlike us full blooded Na'vi: eyebrows.
No wonder I could see them raise in great detail earlier. As I'm staring at his eyebrows I watch them furrow, he's caught me staring.

'Why're your staring at my eyebrows, jealous?' He mocks me causing me to scowl so he doesn't realise I'm embarrassed. 'I know. Demon blood? Right?' He says his tone turning a lot less playful. He lifts his hand up infront of us both showing me his 4 fingers.

This comes as a shock to me as Neteyam has 3 like the rest of us. 'Oh please who cares, we know where your father came from and we accept him. You have nothing to worry about' I say pulling his hand down to break his gaze from it, he looks at me with a soft smile.

'So beautiful'

he says looking at me. I return the smile 'I know, the sun is one of the greatest gifts of Eywa' I sigh looking out feeling his eyes still on me,

'Yeah, the sun' he breaths.