89

Nobody

"Dragging me damn near blindfolded through the place you fornicate with Reptar is crazy."

Mariah spoke up as LaMelo guided her through his apartment. On the jet he said there was something he wanted to give her at his place and like an idiot, she agreed to see it.

Ever since he brought her she'd been giving snarky comments like that.

Melo- You are not blindfolded, stop being so fucking dramatic.

Mariah- You have this thick ass chain around my eyes, a chain that I'm not even sure is real. This is the blackest thing you've ever done in the fifteen years I've known you.

Melo- You know my shit's real, stop playing with me before I don't give it to you at all.

Mari was starting to get tired due to all the walking he'd been making her do. She'd been blindfolded since she got out of her car.

Mariah- How do I know this isn't some trick to keep me in North Carolina?

The last time he told her he wanted to show her something was before she went off to college. He made a slideshow explaining why she couldn't go to Duke even thought he'd be off to Australia.

Melo- You just gotta trust me that it's not.

The younger girl scoffed, shaking her head like he could even see her.

Mariah- I haven't trusted you in like five years.

Melo- Five? Why five? I didn't start hitting you until we were seventeen.

By now he'd sucessfully drug her to his room.

Mariah- You first dropped me for another girl when we were fifteen.

Melo- You're still on that? I already said I was sorry. You gotta let that go, we're grown now.

Mariah- I knew I should've stayed with Daij.

She remembered Daijon's crush on her when he first came to Chino Hills during her sophomore year. Shortly after the second semester started he told her how he felt and she returned those the first time he droped her for Ashley.

Their fling stayed a secret for almost three months until Melo's sixteenth birthday party when BITF caught a camera shot of her and Daijon sitting together.

When LaMelo found out about them he was furious. It turned into a whole argument between him and Mari which resulted in them not speaking to each other until he left for Lithuania.

Melo- Why would you bring that nigga's name up when you know how he makes me feel?

Anytime someone spoke about Daijon, tbere was this rage inside of LaMelo that would come out because he was still angry about the situation.

Mariah- Cause it's funny.

Melo- Well if you like him so much maybe you should go back to his ass.

By now he was beyond annoyed with her. First she brought up Daijon, then she started laughing at him. It's like he couldn't win with her.

Mariah- Can't. He has a girlfriend.

While digging through his drawers LaMelo scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. He muttered something along the lines of "since when has that ever stopped you?"

He thought Mariah couldn't hear him but she did an she fought the urge to remove the blindfold and beat him with it.

Mariah- You ain't slick. I heard that, you fuckin sea monkey. Need I remind you of the fact that it was you who initiated everything with me when you and Ashley were together. I was just minding my business, living my life.

The words she spoke were true. She'd cut him off every time he left her for Ashley and he'd always be the one to sweet talk her into forgiving him or sometimes visiting if she was in a good enough mood.

This went on for a few years until Mariah finally had the guts to legit call it quits. Her last straw was when he'd rather go to another woman than fly out to see his current girlfriend because she was "foo far" as he put it.

She kept to her word and hadn't spoken to him for a whole two years until that night at Buffalo Wild Wings seven months ago.

Melo- Found it! Fuckin' finally.

He spoke, causing Mariah to slightly jump. She'd been so lost in thought she forgot where she was. All she heard was a drawer closing and footsteps coming closer towards her. Unbeknownst to her, he'd opened a small box that cost him a fortune a couple years back. He'd picked it out the day before he was drafted in hopes she'd show up to support him, which she never did.

Melo- Alright, take it off and open your eyes.

Mariah snickered at how dirty his words sounded but followed his orders. The sight she was met with made her eyes widen and her mouth made an "O" shape before she looked up.

Mariah- Be so astronomically fucking forreal.