40

a/n
uhhh sorry it took so long to update.
i needed a break. btw, WHAT IS THIS?!

 btw, WHAT IS THIS?!

where tf are ppl getting this assumption from??

MARIAH

"How the hell did you manage to get blocked by both Newman siblings, Winnie Harlow, The Granny, AND Denise?"

I heard Gelo ask over the phone. He was driving back from practice and I sat in the kitchen while A Bug's Life was on the Tv. I'd officially moved into his place two days ago, and he was right. Things were actually pretty good.

Mariah- I don't know. It's not like I said anything that wasn't true.

Putting my second airpod in my ear, I set my phone down and looked through the fridge to see if there was anything good to eat.

Gelo- That Winnie Harlow colorist comment was foul, and you know it.

He chuckled which made me smile. This nigga really needs to go shopping. Grown ass man and he ain't got nothing in here except for noodles.

Mariah- I was genuinely curious though, because she's literally the last person you'd think would be that way.

Gelo- You know what? Stop. Cause you bouta make me laugh and I don't wanna go to hell.

I might as well give up on this food search. There wasn't even anything in the fridge except for water bottles, and a fuckin milk jug. Oh Lord, please tell me this man doesn't drink straight milk like Lavar. That shits nasty. Who does that?

Oh I know who, PSYCHOPATHS.

Mariah- LiAngelo.

Gelo- Not the government. What I do?

Mariah- You're like almost thirty with a shitload of money. Why do you have less food than a broke college student?

Gelo- First of all. I'm twenty three, so don't even start with that. Second, like you said; I got money. Why not just Doordash every time I'm hungry?

Slightly rolling my eyes, I took out my airpods and put the phone on regular speaker.

Mariah- See it's things like this that make me wonder if you're mentally unstable.

I heard him scoff on the other side. I just know he's about to say some fucked up shit.

Gelo- I know the one suffering from Stockholm Syndrome isn't talking. You can't call anyone mentally unstable, Miss I won't go see a therapist because I'm in denial.

My mouth dropped. Wowww. That's how it is?

Mariah- Okay, ouch. You ain't even have to go there mister.

Gelo- I'm just calling it how it is. You don't put your hands on someone you love.

Mariah- That's cause he doesn't put his hands on me. I've told you this several times.

Gelo- He literally confessed to hitting you, but okay Mari. Mans said you deserved every hit. I don't know about you, but that's not love.

Mariah- He didn't mean it. He does love me.

Gelo- Yeah right. Said every girl in a Tyler Perry movie. Careful, your daddy issues are showing.

Okay now that made me laugh. Cause he's right. Tyler Perry love putting abuse in his movies. But ain't no way he just called me out like that.

Mariah- Nooo, not Tyler Perry. But I'm actually serious. Melo just gets angry sometimes, and it's my fault for making him angry.

Gelo- Wow, It's worse than I thought. You have serious issues. Stand Up. I might just check you into a psych ward and leave you there.

Mariah- See now that's just extra. I don't need to be in a psych ward, and I don't need therapy.

Gelo- Lying is a sin. You're going to hell.

Mariah- So are tattoos, and you got a whole bunch of em. I guess we're both going down.

Gelo- You have my brother's initials tatted on your ankle. I don't wanna hear anything about tattoos from you.

See now why would he bring that up. I could've sworn we'd never talk about it. I was seventeen and not very smart.

Mariah- You act like he doesn't have mine too. I swear you love tryna make me look stupid.

Gelo- Cause you are. Both of y'all are actually. I don't care long I've known someone, if you aren't family you ain't permanently going on my skin.

Mariah- Well, maybe someone should've stopped us.

That comment was going to irritate him and I knew it. Mainly because he did try to stop us. We just didn't listen.

Gelo- Bro, I DID. I'm the one who took y'all in the first place. I told y'all asses not to do it, but noooo. No one listens to Gelo. Now look at you, hiding from the boy who's name you have permanently etched onto your skin.

Mariah- You know what, that's why I knew that you weren't getting drafted before you did.

Gelo- You want a fuckin cookie or something?

Mariah- Yes actually, I do. I'm bouta go shopping since you clearly don't know how.

Gelo- Speaking of shopping, I almost forgot. How do you know what a broke college student's fridge looks like?

Mariah- Because I am a broke college student.

Gelo- Cap, and you fuckin know it. Between Overtime, Big Baller Brand, and the JBA you got enough money to be set for life. I've seen all those checks, don't even try to lie. And I just KNOW my dad be sending you more money than any of his own kids.

Mariah- It's not my fault Lavar likes me more.

Gelo- He just feels bad cause you're an orphan.

Mariah- I'm hanging up Gelo.

Gelo- Mhm. Love you too little orphan Annie.