04

<MARIAH>

I couldn't stop the tears that fell from my eyes when I entered the women's restroom. If anyone else was in here I would've been embarrassed as hell, because I was full on sobbing.

He genuinely looked like he wanted to kill me. In all of my time of knowing him, I've never seen him that angry with me.

Lifting up my hoodie, I looked towards where he'd punched me and there was already a bruise forming. It hurt like hell. How could I explain this to Sydney or anyone else?

I know Melo didn't mean it, he usually never does. He just had moments when he snaps. I just so happened to be there when he did.

<NOBODY>

Mari was taken out of her thoughts by her phone buzzing. Sydney was calling her.

Mariah- Hello?

Sydney- Everyone's starting to head out. Are you ready?

Mariah- Y-yeah, I'll be out in a second.

Sydney- Is it okay if I ride with Terry?

Mariah- Mhm.

After Sydney hung up, Mariah wiped her tears as quickly as she could and splashed water on her face to eliminate the redness.

Taking a deep breath, Mari left the bathroom went back into civilization where Sydney stood near their table. How long had she been gone, Mariah thought to herself. Barely anyone was still inside.

Sydney- You okay?

She noticed something was off with her friend but just wasn't sure what.

Mariah- Yeah.

Deciding not to push her any further, Sydney nodded her head and lead the way outside. Before they left, Borrego pulled Mariah aside.

James- I need you at the facility Monday morning at eleven for a meeting in Mj's office.

Mariah- Alright.

With that, she made her way outside with Sydney. Just to her luck, all the way on the other side of the parking lot where her car was, stood the family she avoided all night. All in different areas.

Sydney- Are you sure it's alright if I go with Terry? Cause that's like a two hour drive you have to make alone.

She asked, pulling Mari out of her head.

Mariah- Yeah yeah. It's fine. Just use protection.

Sydney's eyes widened and she blushed, causing her friend to slightly chuckle at her. 

Sydney- Stopppp.

Mariah- Whateverrr. I'll see you later.

The two girls pulled each other into a hug and once they pulled apart, Mari did a fake soldier salute towards her which Sydney returned.

With that, Mariah turned around and begun the journey to her car. From a distance, she could hear the jokes and laughter coming from the Ball family and the other people with them, including her uncle.

As she got closer to her car, Mariah heard it cease and felt every single one of their eyes on her. She could tell some of them wanted to say something.

Getting into her car, Mari had to take a mental break. Calm down, you're fine. Is what she told herself as she put her seatbelt on and shoved her key into the ignition.

Mariah- It'll be okay, everything's okay.

Pulling out her phone she connected her phone to the bluetooth and put on Save Your Tears, the first song in her playlist.

Sydney- I'm worried about her.

She told Terry as the two of them watched Mari's pink jeep leave the parking lot.

Terry- She'll be fine.

Sydney- I hope you're right.

a/n
hi lol just checking in.
do you guys like this?