29

a/n
ALRIGHT, I HAVENT SLEPT IN OVER 24 HOURS AND THIS CHAPTER WILL BE REALLY SHORT BUT LET ME GET SOMETHING OFF OF MY CHEST THAT I REALLY NEED TO TALK ABOUT. if you don't like how "slow" this book is going, you literally don't have to read it. there are plenty of other stories out there.

i've worked my ass off for the past two weeks trying to make this story interesting for y'all and all half of you want me to do is just make mariah tell the world what's going on.

it's not like i won't do it, but you have to understand, everything'll change once i do. how do you think people will react to her telling damn near all of her friends, family, and fans that one of the people everyone loves the most hits her?

mari freaking KNOWS it's gonna be hard to get people on her side, especially since she got her fame from melo. so why do y'all think she'll be so quick to shout it out and be like "hey, i know you all love this dude, but uhh..he hits me and i barely have any proof". THIS NIGGA MELO IS FUCKING RICH!! y'all don't think he'll sue her for "false accusations" without any proof?????

okay, back to the regular story. i just had to get that off of my chest!! sorry if it seemed a little aggressive or rude, i swear i don't mean to be.

but anyways, LOOKKKK

THE REPLIESSS IM SCREAMINGGG

THE REPLIESSS IM SCREAMINGGG. back to the story nowwwww

MARIAH

As I waited for O to come back, I decided to scroll through my Instagram to see what I'd missed. Needless today, there were a LOT of messages. The replies to my most were mainly people asking where I went and why I was gone.

So I swiped over to the story section and took a picture of both the ceiling and my forehead. Mmm. Do I wanna say what I should say? Yes.

"i wish mfs would stop pretending they care when they're the reason i left. i didn't "go missing" lmao i just removed myself from a bad situation caused by a bad person. btw since ik you'll see this, i'm not coming back until you get help 🤷🏽‍♀️. so i'll stay right where i am till u do 😐."

There, that should be good enough right? It has enough information to put out to the public and Melo'll know it's about him, which'll make him think other people know I subbed him.

DM's were the second thing I checked. Out of everything I decided to respond to Jaden, since she knew the situation. She'd sent me a bunch of messages on Wednesday.

Jaden Owens
girl..why the shade room just say you're missing?
tell me you still got instagram
i swear to God if that lanky nigga killed you.
knowing you, you probably deleted everything
well, lmk when you're somewhere safe ily 🤍

She knew me so well it's terrifying, and I'd only known her for two years. I couldn't even respond to the girl before my notifications started blowing up with more recent messages.

LaMelo Ball
u aren't fuckin slick mariah
ik that shit was about me
now delete it b4 my pops sees

There's no way he's serious.

Block melo ?
cancel okay

I didn't have the energy to deal with any of his shit right now so after I blocked him I immediately deleted Instagram again, and began watching Encanto for the sixth time.

a/n
sorry for the lack of effort i went to the movies with my friend and i'm really tired