11

quick a/n
ima need some of y'all to comment and vote or sum bc it's the same like..seven people  everytime and each of these new chapters get 100+ views. it's making the ratio look ugly.

MARIAH

Things were very quiet after Dmo's party. Melo had taken Ana back to their hotel and I stayed a few hours after just because I missed my uncle.

Well, everything WAS quiet until I got a text message from the name we do not speak.

Uber Eats
mariah

Yep, and there goes my relaxation. Silly me for thinking I could fight my ex's new girlfriend and hoping to get away with it. Don't ask me why he's saved as Uber Eats.

wtf do you want heathen?

Uber Eats
good ur up
link?

🤨
it's literally almost midnight
tf would we even do

Uber Eats
are u dum?
wat do u think ppl do
when they link at night

It took me a while to put two and two together, but when I did I almost dropped my phone.

SICK
UR SICK
MENTALLY ILL
THIS ONE RIGHT HERE OFFICER
u have a whole gf for that bro 😭

Uber Eats
first of all. lil girl i'm not ya bro
second, she went back to la after
u fucked her face up.
so technically it's yo fault i can't
do nun wit her. 😐

oh well
boohoo cracker.
even if we did do sum that's cheating
u wanna be a cheater?

Uber Eats
can't be sum i already am 🤪
now come on i'm fr

can't
i'm with my bf 😬

Uber Eats
stop fuckin playin wimme mariah
u ain't got no damn bf & u kno it
now let me in fat neck

Right about here is where you can tell I screwed up, because I knew damn well I wasn't supposed to let him in. But I was just curious to see if anything had changed in the time we'd been apart. And when I tell you..IT DID.

All of that which led me to where I am now. Ten something in the morning, alone in my apartment, body sore as hell. It doesn't help that I have to be at the little private landing strip in two hours because the next three games were away games.

NOBODY

Mari had left her apartment at eleven fifteen, and somehow made it to the strip at exactly eleven fifty, even though everyone else was already on the plane.

Pilot- Do we have everyone on board?

He asked, looking back at Borrego for confirmation. James looked around on the plane to see who on the team and staff were missing.

Bouknight and Mariah. He wasn't surprised that Mari was late, more so James because he always was one of the first ones on.

Kelly- There go Bouknight.

He pointed out the window and heads turned to see James rolling his suitcase while rolling another with a girl sitting on it. In her hand was a Starbucks cup.

Pj- Twenty bucks says that's Mari he's pushing.

Terry- Hell no. You not bouta rob me again. We all know it's her ass.

James- Why are you two late?

He asked once the two boarded the plane. It looked really suspicious in a way. However they sat in different seats on different sections.

James- I actually just woke up late, but acoording to one of the Panera workers in the food court, she been here thirty minutes arguing about a breakfast sandwich. So I had to drag her away.

MARIAH

"A breakfast sandwich? Really Mari?"

Gordon looked at me in disbelief, as if he didn't believe what he just heard. I've literally argued for worse reasons.

Mariah- Hell yeah. Cause how's her racist ass gone give the white lady in front me one, and then when it's my turn to order she says they don't have anymore?

In my opinion that's the stupidest thing ever. There was one more left and we both saw it. Even the lady in front of me did.

James- She wasn't racist, it just wasn't breakfast time anymore.

Mariah- Lies. You saw there was one left. She just ain't want the negro to have it.

Miles- Well, did you get it?

Mariah- Course not.

I was slightly mad because that was the only thing I wanted to eat, and I couldn't get it because of some racist old white lady. Borrego chuckled at me before telling the pilot everyone was on board.

From the corner of my eye I saw Melo look at me but quickly look away when I caught him. Looking at him made me think of the conversation we had earlier, after he fucked my walk up.

FLASHBACK

Mariah- Why do you treat me like shit?

She sleepily asked, tracing the outline of the one on his chest.

Melo- I don't know. You know I don't mean to.

Mariah- Yes you do. You always mean to. I think you need anger management.

Melo- I probably do. But that's a lotta work. What if I just promised to not be so aggressive towards you?

Mariah- No, I know you. You break promises.

Melo- True. But I don't break pinky promises and you know that.

Mariah- Mhm..fine. But no more manipulating me with those words.

Mari held up her pinky finger. Melo knew exactly what words she was talking about.

Melo- I promise I won't put my hands on you anymore and I promise not to trick you into anything by saying I love you.

He put up his pinky and they interlaced, completeing the pinky promise.

END OF FLASHBACK