71

a/n
from the bottom of my heart thank y'all for 200k, and it's actually my birthday today so happy birthday to me! big two zeroooo.

Nobody

Before Mariah could even think about what she'd told Diane, her phone screen lit up with a text message from Shareef.

sewer rat ❤️‍🔥
let us in street rat

who tf is us?

sewer rat ❤️‍🔥
me, qir, bronny, bryce,
mikey, mearah..& a
couple others

pause
when u say a couple others
u better not mean fucking Josh

sewer rat ❤️‍🔥
well uh
jalen's here too
if that's any better

no
that does not make it better
bc i'm mad at Jalen too

sewer rat ❤️‍🔥
damn u just mad at
the entire basketball population

atp might as well be
here i come

Getting up from the very comfortable hotel bed, Mariah gave Melo a quick text saying she had people over just in case he came to bug her later, and headed towards her door to unlock it.

Shareef- About fuckin time. People were starting to look at us like we didn't belong here.

He dramatically said, once he made eye contact with his shorter friend.

Mariah- You're black. That's why they looked.

Shareef- Black on black crime. You're racist.

He side hugged her and entered the large room. Behind Shareef was Shaqir, Mariah's favorite O'Neal brother.

Shaqir- Oh shit, You actually are pregnant. I didn't believe Reef when he told me.

Shaqir couldn't believe she'd gotten caught up. Mari was the last person he expected to get pregnant so young.

Mariah- Yup. No hot girl summer for me.

Shaqir- You wouldn't have had one anyways. I think you have to be attractive to participate.

Mariah- Boy..

Before Mari could even hit him, he ducked inside and she was met with Mearah who she said hello to and also gave a hug. Then there were five. Two of which she was currently mad at.

Rolling her eyes at the other two, she lightly pushed past them to get to her three favorite of all time. Mikey, Bronny, and Bryce.

Mariah- My childrennn!

Since she hadn't seen them in so long, she just about choked them before letting them go.

Bronny- We're literally all taller than you now.

Mariah- I don't know what you're talking about I am seven foot five.

Josh and Jalen had taken the time to go inside after Mari skipped them, knowing she was mad. So she followed the other three inside and locked the door again.

Bryce- Daaamn, who got you in this expensive room? Cause I know yo cheap ass ain't pay for this. Was it LaStreetThrower?

Mariah let out a loud wheeze once she heard Bryce's nickname for Melo. She thought she was the only one who could call him other names.

Mariah- LaStreetThrower. I like that. I'm using that, and yes...he did get it.

Mikey- Did he buy Ana a room too?

Mariah- Naaah. He's sharing his with her.

Mearah- Ooh, I don't know why she's still with him. I'd hate to be her or any girl he dates.

Bronny- Nah, I'd hate to be Mari. Her life sounds stressful as hell.

Shaqir- How? Literally all she does is post pictures and argue with niggas online. You know how many people pay her just to exist?

Mariah- True. Don't forget I also get tossed around and beat on, occasionally. Not to mention the therapy sessions.

Bryce- Oh nahh. This is how I know something's fundamentally wrong with you, cause you casually speaking on that like it's normal.

Shareef- Right!

Mariah- Because it is normal, to me at least.

Josh- It's normal for a nigga to beat on you?

She scrunched her face up as to say "the fuck?"

Mariah- Well I don't see you stepping in to stop it Joshua. You ran like a little bitch the second shit hit the fan.