02

<MILES>

rozier ⛄️
come & settle this debate for us rq

Oh for fucks sake. It hasn't even been an hour and I already gotta resolve some dumb argument.

Miles- I'll be right back.

I told Melo, putting my phone back in my pocket. Currently I sat at a table with Melo, his brothers and their girlfriends. Ana was kinda weird but I brushed it off. If he's happy that's all that matters.

He didn't think anyone noticed, but I saw him look at Pj's table a couple times. Not sure what he was looking at, nor do I care, but he wasn't paying his girl any type of attention. It was honestly a bit funny.

Nodding his head, Melo went back to the conversation he was having with his brothers while I got up.

<NOBODY>

As Miles made his way towards Pj and Terry's table he heard all four people in the booth arguing about a topic.

Miles- What'd you bring me over for?

He asked, breaking up the argument for a split second. Terry turned towards him.

Terry- Bro, tell these lil girls that the five second rule is real.

Mariah- It's not!! That's just fuckin nasty.

Sydney- On God. You just asking for disease.

Miles folded his arms in disappointment. He couldn't believe this is what they called him over for.

Miles- Are y'all serious? Like..actually? Y'all are grown ass adults arguing over the five second rule? At y'all fossil ages?

Sydney- First of all, you older than both of us.

Miles- Doesn't matter. Because it ain't real.

Mari let out a noise of triumph, glad that Miles agreed with her and Sydney.

Mariah- It's three against two. We win.

She told Pj and Terry, smugly sitting back.

Pj- Aight bet. Lemme get other input then. Oubre, Melo!! Bring y'all asses over here!

Mariah's eyes widened at the second name and she immediately sat back up.

Mariah- Out of every fucking dude in here you chose him?! What is wrong with you??

On the other side of the restaurant, both males heard their names from Pj and got up. Mariah felt her heart drop when both of them arrived at their table.

Kelly- Wassup?

Terry- Is the five second rule real?

Both of their faces scrunched up at the question.

Melo- Hell yeah.

Kelly- Anything after five seconds is just nasty.

Terry and Pj turned towards the girls, a smug expression on their faces. Sydney scoffed.

Pj- Oh, what was that? Is that..four to three?

Terry- Nah, don't get quiet now Mari. What was all that shit you said before?

He asked, leaning forward. Mariah was doing a whole lot of arguing but that stopped right when Melo came to their table.

Mariah- There's nothing to say. All this proves is that men are fucking disgusting.

Pj- Yeah yeah, whatever.

Picking up her cup, Mari took a sip of her drink and looked away. She caught the girl people call Ana giving her a death stare. For what, she didn't even know.

Mariah- LaBitch, Tell your cougar to stop looking at me like that.

Sydney couldn't help but choke back a laugh when she heard what Mari had called Melo.

Melo in the other hand, sighed deeply, not wanting to go through this with Mariah.

Melo- That's not my name, and you know it.

Everyone else at the table stayed silent, sensing the obvious tension between the two.

Mariah- I'm sorry. How's LaCheater? Or what about LaLiar? Better yet, La No Good Nigga?

He was getting angry and Mari knew it. He hated that she knew exactly what to do to piss him off.

Melo- If you were jealous of Ana, you could've just said so.

Now at the time, Mari didn't know why, but that single sentence made her angry.

Mariah- Why would I be jealous of some old ass woman who has my sloppy seconds?

She asked, sitting up and looking directly at him.

Melo- Because you seem real fuckin bitter right now.

Mariah- I do? You'd be bitter too if I promised to make long distance work once you moved across the country.

Looking at her friend, Sydney's heart broke as she heard her best friend break down. Mariah knew it was embarrassing but at the moment she could care less.

Mariah- I wasn't even gone three days before you decided to block me on everything and get back with Ashley.

Melo- I had needs, she was there. You weren't.