Chapter 24 - Love (self harming trigger warning)

They reach the bedroom and Bellatrix leans Hermione on the green bed.
"I'm home." the girl finds herself thinking.
Bellatrix sits close to her.
"Now you tell me how the fuck you got those cuts." she says.
"I... I... I was f-feeling bad."
"And?"
"I did them..."
The woman stares at her with a "I can't believe you did it" look.
"I c-can explain... it the has a s-sense-"continues the younger witch.
"Shut up, you don't have to explain me anything."
"Really?"
"You went away... what... two days ago? Look at what you did! 48 hours unsupervised and you skin off your arms!"
"Bella..."
"Oh, "Don't look at thighs" you are thinking?! Let's see!"
Hermione tries to get up but Bellatrix moves faster. She pulls the girl back and lifts her skirt.
Hermione feels her cheeks almost burning as the woman gazes at her scratched and cut thighs.
"You stupid little bitch." Bellatrix says coldly, getting up.
"It was the only way to shut my mind up!"
"You think I don't know ? I know, girl, I know."
Hermione hugs a pillow.
"Why is Bellatrix so angry, after all she did to me? Why does she care if I made some wounds on me? Bellatrix had hurt me much more. And what does that "I know" mean? Did she self harm too?" wonders Hermione. There's so much chaos in her head. "I'd need some new cuts right now." she thinks.
"Don't you dare." orders Bellatrix.
"Oh please! The crazy psychopath who tortured me day and night now cares about me! Am I supposed to believe this shit?!" Hermione exclaims.
She takes a piece of glass out of her bra and cuts one of her arms.
Bellatrix readily waves her hand and the glass disappears from the girl's hand and appears on hers. She throws it away and walks to the younger witch, who hides behind the pillow, crying. The woman pulls the pillow away and sits on the bed in front of the girl. She caresses her face with a hand while she leans the other on her shoulder, then with both arms the hugs her.

Hermione is wrapped in the woman's hug and now to her nothing else matters. The cocoa scent fills her lungs, the warmth the woman's hands seems to be healing her aching body and her constant, deep breaths are a beautiful rhythm on which Hermione leans.
As she keeps being hugged she notices how the chocolate fragrance is not the real smell of Bellatrix but it's just like the cover of a book behind which are hidden many little details, which create an amazing story and she, Hermione, is getting to know them, slowly, one by one.

She realizes Bellatrix is still hugging her and she can't help but relax and pull her closer. At this point the older witch starts rubbing the girl's head and back with her hands. Hermione relaxes even more until Bellatrix's hands lower: she feels her body paralyzed as the other draws invisible but wonderful patterns her hips. She realizes the other's whole body is moving, fluidly but holding her tight at the same time. Suddenly the girl's body starts moving too, as synchronized in a perfect dance she never did before.
Their chests are so close, their hearts beating as one. She tries to move faster and hug her tighter.
What's happening? She doesn't know nor she cares. It's just like a beautiful magic dance and she wants to do it as better as she can.
She feels Bellatrix's lips on hers and she starts kissing them. They both open their mouths to breathe and their tongues curl together.
To Hermione nothing happened before and nothing is going to happen. There is just now, the wonderful, amazing, beautiful now. She and the other witch are doing something nobody else ever ever did before. It's so unique that they could never do it again too. Every next time it is going to be different, every time their personal show is going to tell a different story which which can't be copied by nobody, either by themselves.
Bellatrix holds her tight as she was the most precious being in the world and Hermione holds her the same way.

They are real. No masks, no "shoulds" and "shouldn'ts", no fear. They are just being themselves both for themselves and for the other.

"I love you." says Hermione in a whisper.
"I love you too." mumbles Bellatrix.