Chapter 13 - Loneliness

Hermione thinks she should be relieved now that Bellatrix's gone, but her feelings are different.
She didn't want to accept that but, even if scared, she was enjoying what was happening.
"What's wrong with me? How can I like such that thing?! And now that I answered so rudely what is she gonna make me? Is she coming back soon? Will she continue what she started? I hope so- no, no, no! What the Hell am I thinking?! That's wrong! So wrong!" she thinks.

Those thoughts run fast in her head and she feels so out of control and like everything is wrong.
Tears roll on her face and she almost suffocates in a quiet, desperate cry.
These horrible sensations, tho, have a pro: after some time of feeling so much she starts feeling nothing at all.
Her eyelids slowly lower and she fells asleep.

When she wakes up the first thing she notices is that she's almost naked.
As she remembers the previous events she gets up looking for her clothes. She finds and wears them, feeling an immediate relief.

The room is almost dark and she wonders what time it is.
"It must be dinner-time." she tells to herself.
"When is Bellatrix coming back?" she wonders then, and horrible thoughts come to her mind: "Is she ever coming back? Is she going to let me go rut here? Will I stay locked here until I go insane? Will I starve to death? Will I ever see someone again? Or is she going to feed me but keeping me locked here as a prisoner for the rest of my life? What if she was going to free me soon but she got killed? Oh my- no please! No, no, she must be alive! But what if she isn't?"
She starts crying again, terrified by her own thoughts.
She cringes under the blanket and, her hands on her face, she keeps weeping.
She fastly reaches an half-asleep state, which makes her feel even worse because she's stuck between dreams and reality... not totally aware and not totally unconscious...

After what seems like hours she hears a noise coming from the door. Immediately she slips out the blanket and, as she sees Bellatrix, jumps off the bed: "Bella!" she howls running to hug her. The woman stands still for some seconds then pushes Hermione away.
"I-I've missed you s-so much... I w-was afraid something b-bad happened to y-you..." the girl cries.
Bellatrix stares at her incredulously. She expected to be missed by Hermione... she knew the was she left would have upset her and her return would have been a relief for the girl. She did it on purpose. When Hermione asked to be left alone, Bellatrix knew she didn't really want that. She left to tease her... but she didn't expect a so strong reaction. Something in Hermione's voice made her feel as she had been deeply missed... as she was somehow loved.
"Me? Loved?" she thinks "That's a mistake. That's wrong. I must stop this nonsense."
"M-mistress... are y-you okay?" the brunette asks.
The gaze Bellatrix gives her is so mad that makes the girl freeze on the place. It is cold as ice but with a sparkle of fire in it.
"Go under the blanket." the woman orders, taking out her dagger, the sparkle in her eyes growing wider.