Chapter 20 - Bellatrix

"Why did I let her go?! I should have killed her instead!" screams Bellatrix, mad both at herself and at Hermione.
She's in the kitchen, pieces of broken dishes all around her.

She takes a dish from the cupboard and throws it against the wall. It explodes in thousands of tiny shining chips.

"That bitch..." she murmurs taking a crystal glass.
"That fucking bitch!" she exlaims throwing the glass against the cupboard, breaking more dishes too.

She takes her dagger and aims at the window. One second later it's shattering.

Bellatrix turns, leaves the room and closes the door.
She goes to the upper floor, in the other kitchen.
The meal she was preparing before Hermione interrupted her is still there: two bowls of fruit salad with agave syrup and orange juice.
Bellatrix takes them and puts them in the freezer.

She sits on a chair, leans her elbows on the table and her face on her hands.
She cries, feeling her heart shattered like the dishes.
"...and guess what? I'm the cause of this shatter too: I saw her, I liked her, I got her, I mistreated her, I let her leave. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I love, really love, someone or even something? Why as soon as I start liking someone I feel the need to destroy them? Why can't is allow myself to be happy?! Oh, right, happiness has hurt me so much. As soon as I had a little bit of happiness, someone came and destroyed it, destroying me too. I can't allow myself to experience that weakness and that pain again... but... but it's painful anyway..."

She gets up and goes to the lower floor. She keeps walking until she's almost on the doorway, then she turns and goes to the room at her left: the library, a purple and gold room with a small table in the center, a settee near the window, and many, many shelves with books.

She takes some books off a shelf and picks up two books which were behind them.
She sits on the settee, opens one of the books and starts reading.