Chapter 15 - Talk

Hermione opens her eyes.
It's dark.
"It must be the middle of the night..." she thinks.
A slowly rhythmic breathing tells her that Bellatrix is sleeping a few inches away.
She closes her eyes as memories of what happened flow in her head
It seems all so distant.
She tries to get up but her body aches too much.
It's real. It's not a far dream, it's the reality.
She's in Bellatrix's bed, severely injured.
The only person in there is the dark sadistic witch herself.
Her friends abandoned her, her parents are who knows where... she's completely defenseless in the hands of a criminal.
Thoughts of this kind fill her head, tears fill her eyes.
"You are alive. If she wanted to kill you she would have already done it. You'll survive." she tells to herself.
More tears grow into her eyes.
She efforts to think nice things but she feels even worse... as her attempt to comfort herself, seen the situation, was just a pathetic lie.
More tears of desperation wet her face.
She tries to get up but in vain. A whine escapes her mouth. She immediately looks at Bellatrix, hoping she didn't wake her up.
When with relief she ascertains the woman is still sleeping she closes her eyes again.
The scared girl takes deep breaths trying to calm herself down. As she does so, tho, she notices the dried blood on and around her.
Her back and thighs have a scab of the solidified red liquid and blanket and sheet are rigid and rough too. Hermione finds it very annoying and starts getting nervous.
"Holy fucking shit!" she utters.
"Calm down with the words." she hears and mentally curses herself.
"Did I-I s-say that o-out loud?" she asks.
"Yes pet, you did."
"S-sorry, m-mistress."
"Good girl."
Bellatrix places a hand on Hermione's back and with her fingers draws patterns on it.
The young witch holds her breath doing her best not to scream in pain.
She shuts her eyes and takes deep breaths. Bellatrix stops and plays with the girl's hair.
Two tears fall from her eyes.
"Your weak body hurts so much, doesn't it, pet?" Bellatrix asks.
"N-no... well, yes... but that's not the problem."
"Oh really? And what is it?"
Hermione opens her eyes and stares at the woman for a while, then talks: "The problem is being in the bed of someone who doesn't love me, in a world of people who don't care about me. The problem is feeling so lost and forgot, misunderstood, used, powerless... the problem is feeling as I was dying inside, as my soul was going rot in an empty cage while the world around this cage is blooming and shining. Feeling as in the middle of this light I am just a spot of shadow. Nobody sees me and nobody cares. After all, everybody is blinded by that light. Who would care about me? Who would care about hugging me, when I'm just shadows? Who cares about bitter when they can lose themselves in a sweet illusion? Because that's an illusion. The light they follow isn't real light. The sugar they eat isn't real sugar. It's an illusion they need to cope... but at least they are together, they share the same pain. I am alone. Nobody sees me, nobody hears me. This cage is killing my soul and I need help to survive, but nobody's really here. Sometimes someone gets closer, but only to use me as a hole in which to throw their trash.
That's horrible, that's awful, that's soul shattering... and every time in the cage there is a little less oxygen... and I'm locked in there drowning in my own pain."
Her vision is blurry, her voice trembling and she finds herself crying.
She is surprised by her own words, she didn't expect to tell so much.
Bellatrix stares at her speechless. Her eyes are lucid and her mouth ajar.
The younger witch keeps crying silently.
A tear runs on the woman't cheek.
"A-are y-you ok-okay?" asks Hermione.
"Hermione..." says the ravenette "...you'll get through this. This will make you stronger and you'll learn how to open your own cage ... because yes, nobody's here for you so you gotta learn to survive by yourself... and you will. That's how it is."
Hermione feels a strong desire to hug the woman and chooses to satisfy it. Somehow she gets up and wraps her arms around the older witch.
With the girl's surprise, Bellatrix tightens the grip holding her closer.
Hermione's physical pain seems to magically disappear.