Chapter 8 - Feelings

"Did you like what you saw?" asks Bellatrix, grinning.
Hermione thinks she wants to disappear.
"Answer, bitch!" shouts the woman.
"I-I... I don't know w-what you are t-talking about..." mumbles the brunette.
"Oh, you perfectly know it, pet. Come on, answer... And don't lie." replies the older witch.
"I-I... I liked the sight of y-you. I always like it..." speaks Hermione then she mentally curses herself "What the Hell am I saying?! I don't like her! She's evil!"
"Uh, glad to know..." whispers the woman getting closer to the shivering girl.
Hermione stares at the ravenette as she lifts the blanket and takes a seat near her. A sweetly bitter chocolate fragrance feels like caressing the younger witch's lungs and as she keeps breathing deeply it seems to be embracing her whole body.
She finds it so relaxing... until a hand touches her back.
Her eyes widen and she holds her breath.
"Don't worry, my pet, I won't hurt you." says Bellatrix grinning, then she turns off the light and leans herself on the soft, comfortable bed.
Hermione does the same but she just can't sleep.

"So close to this dangerous animal..." she thinks "So close to me she's sleeping so quietly, so beautifully... she doesn't even seem much like a sadistic murderer right now... she is more like a big soft panther having some rest after a hard day..."
She can slightly feel Bellatrix's warmth, so close they are.
Not completely aware of what she's doing, her mind almost asleep, she moves breaking the distance between their bodies.
Lying on one side, back to back with the dark witch, she slowly loses her senses leaning into the dreams world. Even if they are not aware about that, their bodies are exchanging warmth and nearness, softening their sleep.

Hermione gets woken up by something wetting her face.
The Sun is about to rise, the darkness slowly fading away.
The girl spends some seconds to remember where she is and what happened before, then she feels again something wet on her cheek and scared she tries to turn around but she can't.
She realizes Bellatrix is holding her tight, almost squashing her, and the watery things are tears.
The woman is silently crying on her, half hugging and half straddling her. No whining or shaking, just quiet drops falling down her eyes splashing on the younger witch.

"Hey, Bella... I'm here..." Hermione whispers, slowly trying to turn to the sleeping ravenette "Hey, it's okay, it's okay, I'm here with you." she talks again.
She is not sure about why she is even trying to comfort this person who seems to have fun making her suffer... she just feels like it's the right thing to do...
"Don't... don't leave me..." murmurs the older witch, still asleep.
Hermione's eyes wet with emotion and she hugs Bellatrix as hard as she can then she slowly falls back into sleep.

While the two witches lay asleep hugging each other, direct sunlight starts to filter through the window, drawing bright shapes in the room.
As it gets to the girl's face, she slowly wakes up.
To her it seems like a very short time has passed but the now well visible Sun disconfirms it.
She moves her gaze and admires the dark sleeping beauty next to her.
"So close..." she thinks "...I could kiss her lips..."
The woman opens her eyes.
"Oh shit! Did she hear my thoughts?" wonders the younger witch. "H-Hi..." she says, trying to break the awkward silence.
"Slept well?" asks Bellatrix looking at her with a soft smile.
"Yes." answers Hermione "W-what ab-bout you?"
"Me too." she says, twirling the girl's hair.

"Is she really Bellatrix Black?" she thinks "She does not seem to be the same person who carved her signature into my arm..."

Hermione closes her eyes, enjoying the woman playing with her hair.
Bellatrix notices that and beams then slowly pulls. The girl holds her breath for a second.
"Want some breakfast?" asks the older witch letting go of the brunette's hair.
"S-sure." she mumbles.