Thon was a bit uneasy with leaving Dion behind, but in the end he decided to focus on his surroundings.
After all, a monster could be lurking behind any boulder.

They were attacked, but it was just a few Wioths, so they moved forward quickly. Soon they reached a few caves in the mountain side.

“How are we going to close this...” Thon shook his head in defeat.

“Look at those lose rocks above. They seem very unstable.” Iaven's bored voice sounded right behind Thon.

“How will we get them to move?” Leiha narrowed her eyes. “And if we are not careful, the rock slide could get to big and kill us together with Tunrir and the others below.”

“If we go that way,” Thon pointed at a steep ledge. “And reach the top of it we could roll that unstable stone, and the other rocks will start sliding.”

“It is possible, but it will be difficult to climb that ledge.” Leiha had already analyzed the situation.

“I will go.” Iaven spoke once again.

“Good, we both should be able to get to the top.” Leiha nodded and she and Iaven quickly moved to the steep rocky incline.

Leiha and Iaven had left most of their weapons behind, because it would be
difficult enough to get to the top without them.

Iaven struggled, while Leiha was a bit faster, but both were progressing. At last the reached the top and stopped.

Thon and the rest had already moved out of the way where the rocks would probably fall.

Leiha and Iaven pushed a big rock and it started to slide. It put of a chain reaction, and within seconds the
loose rocks had started tumbling down and landed in front of the cave entrances.

“Looks like it is working...” Thon mumbled.

“What is that?” Inor gasped. Thon turned to see what Inor was staring at.

“A monster.” Eiwan, the mostly silent hunter, hissed. “One red, big, fat, ugly, dragon.”

“It's approaching Dion, Zunok, Tunrir, Urik and Evin!” Thon panicked.

“Stay calm.” Hierra, Eiwan's older sister said. “There are four smaller dragons coming at us, and we need to kill them before we can think about helping your brother and the others.”

Thon stared in horror at the four dragons flying their way. They were smaller than the one that went
for Dion and the others below, but they were four.

“How didn't we see them sooner...” Thon pulled his sword out.

“They knew we were coming.” Inor's eyes widened. “They waited for us to come!”

“They are hurricane dragons. Incredible fast and agile. One of the higher class dragons, capable of working together and tearing all their opponents to shreds in seconds.” Penok, the elderly hunter stated calmly.

“Their weakness is that if one of them is hurt, they will flee like cowards.
However getting close to them without getting killed is difficult, because they are so fast. We need to hide and try to shoot them with arrows.”

“There is a overleaning rock! Move!” Hierra yelled and they all started running. They all squeezed under the rock, and Eiwan prepared his bow.

“What about Leiha and Iaven?” Thon's face paled as he realized those two were in life-threatening danger.

“We can't let them die.” Hierra gritted her teeth. “Ymoriso would kill me if the Whitecrow dies. Come, make a lot of noise so they come at us, so Leiha and Iaven have a chance to get down.”

Hierra stepped out from under the rock, and the rest followed her hesitantly.

“Come here cowardly lizards!” Hierra screamed and waved her arms.

“Eiwan, be ready with your bow. Aim for their necks.” She told her brother in a low voice. “Graven, stand in front of Eiwan. He is our only archer here, so don't let a dragon get to him. Inor, you run to that rock and back, so they will see you as prey and come for you. Hurry! Penok stand with Graven!”

Poor Inor did as he was told and ran to the rock. He saw the four gray dragon's eyes focusing on him.

He turned around and ran back, his feet carrying him faster than ever before.

He could hear the wind rushing behind him from the dragon's wings. “I'm going to die!” Inor thought in panic. “Why did I listen to that huntress?”

“Fire!” Hierra yelled. Eiwan let a arrow loose and it whizzed over Inor's head.