Authors Note and Prologue

Hello,
this is the second book of the Dragon Hunter Series, so I would advise you to read the first book if you have not yet.

I'm not a profesional writer but I try my best. Constructive criticism I appreciate, but don't be rude.

Thanks a lot for reading this :)

I have currently not finished writing this book, so I won't update as fast as in my first book.

Hope you enjoy it.

Prologue

Rainik had cautiously followed the group of humans he and his group had been supposed to kill, but had lost them when they had gotten on a boat over lake Reth.

He had been waiting for the boat to
return, every second in fear that someone would stop him and ask who he was.

Rainik had stolen some clothes from a poor traveled, and dirtied his face a bit so nobody would recognize him as a Dragon Hunter.

He did not exactly know what had happened to Ymron and the rest, but he had the strong urge to keep following those humans.

Something drew him after them, even if he knew he could be seen by
soldiers and killed.

Just now Rainik had entered a crowd of people that waited for the boat to return and take them over the lake, and a group of soldiers led by a light-haired, middle-aged man had arrived.

The man was upset, and Rainik heard him yell at a farmer that the farmer should call him Commander Silak and nothing else.

Rainik moved away slowly, he didn't want to be near that man.

Rainik was almost out of the crowd when he heard angry yells. The soldiers were taking the horses
from a group of merchants, and the merchants were not happy. The crowd of people murmured among themselves.

"Look at those soldiers. They just take what they want."

"What can we do? Nothing, or who knows what may happen to us and our families."

Rainik was surprised at how the soldiers just stole the merchants horses in broad daylight, and
nobody did anything.

Suddenly a young man spoke in a loud voice, "We shouldn't let this go on like this! In the end the soldiers will take all our possessions, and then kill us. We need to fight!"

Rainik shook his head to himself, this man was going to get himself killed.

"We are normal people. Do you want us to get slaughtered?" A fat farmer stared at the young man.

"No, I want us all to be free!" The young man yelled. He stormed forward while pulling out a sword.