CHAPTER 28: THE END

POV: Jake

"Are you okay Leo?" I asked. Leo replied with a nod. He then said "We need to go back and help Nicolas. She's in danger." I replied "I know Nicolas. If she wanted us to come, she would have told us to." Leo frowned "I know this isn't a great time to tell you about this, but I have fallen for you. I just wanted to let you know." I felt happy after hearing those words.

I smiled, then said "Well, you're an amazing guy. I like you too Leo." I saw him smile and he leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back and we looked at each other. "Alright, let's go help Nicolas." I said, giving up. Leo nodded and we both ran back.

POV: Nicolas

Valak caught me with his claw feet. He was choking me. "She finally gave up. I can now kill you." I was starting to lose vision. I saw Jake and Leo come back fighting Valak just before I lost conscious. I appear up in the clouds and I see a goddess right in front of me. "Why am I here? I need to go back!" I said to the goddess.

"You can't go back. You're dead and they need to be dead." I said, all confused "What are you talking about?" She continued "I was the one who started all of this. I made the scientist like that so he could help me end the world. It need to be redone. You humans have ruined everything." I said with shock "You made humans turn into monsters. Why? You are making a mistake by doing so." She looked into my eyes and said "You are a pure soul. Fine, I'll give you deal. If you battle me with a game of bet, I will set you free and reset the world, though no one will remember what happened and no one will remember you. Those who died will have other causes of death and everyone else will live. If I win, I do what I want with this world." I agreed with "Deal."

The goddess continued "You see your friends over there? If Eva transforms back and doesn't kill Leo and Jake, then you win. If Valak kills both of the boys, then I win." I gulped in fear. "What if Leo and Jake kill Valak?" I asked. The goddess continued "They won't. I'll make sure of it." I watched as I couldn't do anything. The three of them were having an epic battle.

POV: Eva

I killed Nicolas. I don't have any other hope left. Wait, Leo and Jake both know that Nicolas is dead but still fight anyway. Leo still calls out for me to continue. I have to. I have to break free!

Valak screams, trying to push me back in. Leo and Jake stand back and I finally break free.

POV: Nicolas

"Yes! That's my girl!" I shouted with victory. I saw the goddess hint a smile. She then spoke "Well done Nicolas. You won your bet." She resets the world and I return to Earth. I open my eyes and see that everyone is thriving. Suddenly I see Leo and Jake hanging out at the park.

Isn't Leo supposed to be in the USA? Or did he lie about it? Seeing them happy made me happy. I then see Eva training with snakes on TV. I was happy about that. I should probably visit.

After she was done, I followed her to the grave yard. I bought some flowers because I knew she was visiting Brian. I walk to his grave and put the flowers down. Eva then asked "Did you know him?" I replied "Yeah, he was a very good friend of mine." She smiled and said "I'm Eva."

She pulls out her hand and I reply "Nicolas. I saw you on TV so it's a surprise to see you here." Eva laughed "Yeah, I was just training and then these people with cameras came to us and asked if they can record us." I laugh and say "Sounds like a handful." She agreed. We walk to the park and sat down on the bench, talking to each other. Leo and Jake came to us and asked if we want to play frisbee.

We both agreed and I was happy that we're all in one group again. They might not remember me, but at least I got to be friends with them again. I wonder if Eva will have feelings for me in the future.