CHAPTER 27: VALAK

POV: Nicolas

Eva smiled at me, then we all started packing our bags. I took my mutant friend with, still not knowing what to call her. We were on the road, on one bakkie. I was riding on my mutant friend and our stuff was packed at the back of the bakkie. We were on the road for more than an hour. We finally made it to the lab. It seemed to be quiet there.

We looked inside and there were hardly any workers. They all stared at us as we walked past them to the office. Dr. Kevin was in the office. It looked like he was waiting for us. This isn't good. He suddenly spoke "I see you came. You must be really devastated after what I did to your friend, Nicolas. And Clare was a traitor so I had to have her dead."

Eva got angry, transformed into a demon and charged for him. He turned around and dodged the attack. Eva went crashing into the wall. "Eva!" I shouted. Dr. Kevin giggled in excitement. "I created you all, so you should know that I know how to kill you all." Those words must've activated something in Eva.

She started transforming into something even deadlier than her demon form. This one looked scary. "Eva?" I asked. The demon she transformed into looked like an owl demon. White feathers with black ears and red eyes. The feathered tail had a red end to it.

"I'm Valak. Eva has no control anymore." said the demon. Dr. Kevin giggled like a little child. "Finally, her form has awoken! She will now answer to me!" said Dr. Kevin. Valak interrupted "Who said anything about following you. I listen to no one!" Dr. Kevin gave a concerned look and said "I gave life to you. You don't have a choice but to call me father and obey me." Valak stared at Dr, Kevin and disintegrated him with one blink.

I was shocked and I could tell that both Leo and Jake felt the same. "Run!" I told them. Leo grabbed Jake's hand and they both ran. Valak examined me and said "Why can't I kill you?" I replied "Because Eva has feelings for me and I have feelings for her too." Valak looked irritated then said "I see, so she only let me kill that sick man. He deserved it and it felt good killing him."

I replied "Give Eva back to me!" Valak giggled softly "Let me think about it. Hmmm...No." I tried punching Valak but missed. Valak grinned "Looks like neither of us can hurt each other." I groan in frustration. He's quick, but he can't kill me.

We both have a struggle even touching each other. Valak really did look irritated by me. I grinned and finally hurt him. He didn't seem bothered about it though. Just bored. "Want some entertainment?" I asked.

Valak grinned and I transformed into something close to a golem. He grinned and we battled like warriors. We both took hits like whatever he gave to me, he received back. "Eva, I know you can hear me! Fight Valak! You can do it!" I shouted. Valak replied "Oh, she can hear you alright. Just can't control it." I wasn't going to give up now.

*Will Nicolas get Eva back? Will she win the battle? What will happen at the end? What happened to Leo and Jake? All your answers will soon be revealed.*