Chapter 11

(* You can get audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1700874983 *)

The man frowned and stared at her for a moment, "Did you see someone or not?"

So pushy, she thought, pouting her lips.

In an instant, her wrist was held tighter and she frowned, hearing, "All you need to do is answer the question!"

Now that she looked at all of the men, they really did look like they were searching for that man.

"Pay me and I'll tell you!" She stated frankly, after all, she was a thief...She can't give without getting something in return! And that's if she gave anything at all!

Of course...She did not include the small item that she had already taken, that was...That was payment for startling her...

"You already took something of mine, so now you will tell us!" Said the handsome man.

Pursing her lips, then smiling at the handsome man, she then looked away, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Jumping, to a hand going into her clothes, she gave out a small shriek, "Hey!"

The handsome man put in front of her face then what she had taken before and she looked at him with a smile, "I found it on the ground..."

Coming to a stop, with both her words and actions, for a quick moment she showed a surprised look upon now seeing what she had stolen just before from this man...Royalty!

Unable to stop herself from getting a flashback that made her stiffen up, she cringed.

No! She wasn't hopeless anymore!

He can have his token back!

Get it away from me!

If only she hadn't seen it, because now she was angry!

If only she had been a real thief from the beginning! If only...

Sighing, she tried to forget her thoughts for now, but she had to try to get away from...Here...As soon as possible!

She didn't want to spend another minute in the presence of a royal! At least not until they have lost all their money!

With remembering that long term goal and thought, the woman was no longer stiff and edgy anymore...

"Thief..." Was all he said, putting the item away, back inside his own clothes.

Not only did she want to get away fast, but it seemed that she might not be able to push these men any further anyway. It might be time to cut my losses, she thought, as she figured she probably won't get anything from them. Not unless...What if they knew that she saved the person that they were looking for?

For some extra tender, it was worth a try! "Yes, I saw someone, he was locked in the place and I saved him!"

"Locked in?" Two of them asked her, coming a step closer.

The woman narrowed her eyes and now finally wondered why that person was locked in. "Yeah...Locked in. There was scrap metal over the windows...Isn't that weird?"

"Where did he go after?" The younger, other man said.

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "Well, he chased me around and then tied his saviour up! Why are you looking for such a nasty person?"

She was curious but if...If they could get distracted somehow...She could get out of here!

It was either pay her and she'll tell or if they get distracted, then she'll run...