Chapter 6

(*You can find audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1683742872 *)

Holding onto the box, that had his money in it, Cid sighed and looked around.

Should he dig up a hole outside and put it into the dirt?

Should he hold onto it and have it on him all the time?

What should he do, at least for now, to keep it safe because...It was all he had left.

Jewellery...

Why was he...How could jewellery help at this?

Frowning, Cid went to pick up his clothes, to get dressed, and suddenly stared at it.

Moving the cloth around easily, Cid then looked at the box and then back at the cloth.

Stopped moving now, Cid widened his eyes and just wondered if he could use specific things to make another type of keep safe, small item that would be better than a box.

Right...

Putting on his clothes, Cid rummaged around and found a few items that he could use.

One was the obvious cloth, yet...Was it strong enough?

Another was a small bit of wire, would it be enough?

Sitting down at the table, Cid pulled at the cloth and pulled some more, to see that it really wasn't strong enough.

But...He could at least find something else out too if he were to try to do the project...

How big would the clothe need to be?

Would it even be worth it to make?

Getting some needle and thread, Cid got to work on the cloth, keeping in mind that another type of cloth would be used for the real thing to work.

What type of cloth? Perhaps a cloth that wouldn't be so hard to bend...

After a certain amount of sewing, Cid got the wire and put it through, closing the gap afterwards and looking at the little pouch.

Cutting around some areas, Cid then added a buckle, so that it could close better and then he saw that the first product was finished.

Of course, this was only an idea still, but Cid felt confident that he made something work for this first product.

Putting the money into his newly made product, having to fold it in half, Cid closed the pouch, seeing it bulge out a bit.

Using the buckle, it closed, and Cid threw it to the wall, to see it fall and not fall apart.

He knew there were things called purses, but he had not been able to get one, not only that but they weren't cheap because they had only come to be invented a little while ago.

The sad thing about their kingdom was that they were behind in some technology and Cid was sure that the kingdom was also short on money to bring them to the same as their neighboring kingdoms were at.

Not only that, but purses were something obvious to people that only the nobles seemed to carry around...

No, Cid didn't particularly want a purse, he wanted something that could attach to him yet be somewhat undetectable at the same time.

He then turned his product around and wondered how he would add a strap to it, so that it could go around his neck or around his side.