Chapter 9

(* You can find audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1687304132 *)

The Princess pulled back her head and stared at him, one tear falling from an eye, "I didn't mean it! I missed you, you...You nasty man!"

Cid smiled to her small fist hitting his chest and the sob that escaped her lips.

Even though she looked this way, crying and hitting him, he had never felt such happiness and hopelessness ever in his life!

And those direct feelings seemed to take him to do something that neither of them expected!

With the lips...That were now against his, Cid suddenly stopped in complete shock!

How long...How long had he wanted to kiss her?

It was like a dream, it wasn't real!

Except, just as he went to draw away, the Princess put her hands around his neck and kissed him back.

Neither of them wasn't well learnt in the art of kissing, just putting one lips against the other, but that seemed enough...

Putting a hand to her face, Cid lingered on her lips, those soft lips, like he had finally accomplished some goal, and this was his prize!

...He'd never kissed a girl before, he didn't have any deep thoughts towards the procedure but now that he had experienced this much, he knew...He knew that he had underrated it!

With the Princess in his arms, Cid felt like he was on top of the world. There was just no other place he'd prefer to be...

Such a treasure she was...

Releasing his lips from hers, Cid then kissed her cheeks, her forehead and then her nose, hearing her small giggle because of it.

Ah, he thought, now she is happy.

...Could it really be so simple?

That he, just him being with her and who he was, was what made her happy?

...Cid didn't want to believe it...

After all, he was practically a servant, a man that wasn't even standing on his own two feet!

How could such a sweet, perfect and pretty Princess rely on him for her happiness?

Putting his forehead against hers, Cid sighed.

What was he going to do with her!?

"You love me, don't you!" He heard her say, making him open his eyes to hers, that were now only inches away from him.

"Of course, I do!" Cid stated back easily.

But...What he never thought, was that the Princess would see right through his words, "I meant more than a friend, more than a sister type of way. You love me!"

Pulling back, Cid fought against showing how much he knew how sneaky and brilliant she was!

I do love you Princess...Much more than that of a friend and sister!

I love you that much that I can't feel right if you're not around...That I want you beside me, selfishly...

"Say it!" The pretty Princess stated, now looking angrily at him.

Cid moved a stray piece of her hair behind her ears and sighed.

For the life of him, he couldn't say that he didn't...He couldn't do it! At the same time though, could he say that he did!

After a short silence between them, the pretty Princess hit his chest again and then grabbed his head, making him look at her, "Say it!"

Cid blinked rapidly and started to shake his head...