Chapter 10

(*You can get audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1700872006 *)

It looked like there were a lot less people around on the streets, not only because it was getting dark, but also because many were probably still at the ball in the palace.

Getting out of the city walls, that surrounded the capital, Cid could only think of going to his father's blacksmithing shop, not wanting to go anywhere else that might get the person that was following him know about what he's been doing since leaving Leonard. That wasn't the only reason, as...Uncle Ben and David also knew of this place and if he were to get into any trouble, they might be able to come and help him...Most of the time he had pride and didn't want to ask for help but, for some reason, he felt like he needed to go somewhere that both Leonard and Uncle Ben knew of...Just in case...

Riding at full speed, Cid reached the shop and got off his horse.

Upon walking right up to the place, seeing that it was locked, Cid stopped with wide eyes and started to panic.

Why hadn't he thought of it being locked!?

Before he had signed away the blacksmithing shop, there had been a lock for the blacksmithing shop, but he had let his father's workers to unlock it themselves, trusting them like his father had but...This lock...Was not the same one!

The key that he used to have, had been left where he used to stay at Leonard's residence, and he must of thought of this earlier but after the rush to come here...He had forgotten!

Turning around, seeing that the person behind him was quickly approaching, Cid went around the area, seeing a window.

The shop only had two windows, if he was lucky, one of them should still work!

Checking the first, hearing the horse slow to a stop, Cid let out a small curse and then rushed to the other window, seeing it slightly open.

Quickly going inside the shop, and locking the window after going through, Cid walked backwards, away from the window and waited, while breathing heavily.

He had never thought of this outcome, how could he...

Instead of someone either unlocking the door, or coming through the window to come after him, another type of situation happened that brought real panic to Cid...And that was that something went over the window, stopping any light coming in from the outside! Cid grabbed at his clothes, as he started to feel more and more anxious, and wondered if it was the scrap metal that was outside that was now covering the window...

"Stop!" Cid stated, going up to the window, then a big noise came to his ears, making him cringe.

"Stop it!" He yelled again, hearing a loud groan from the other side.

What...What was going on?

"Haha! Now look at you! Locked up and no one to help you! What a great idea!"

Steven...That was Steven's voice!

Going up to the window and opening it, Cid pushed at the scrap metal, but it only moved slightly.

How did Steven get it to stay there!?

If Cid wasn't so worried about being locked into the place, he would think that Steven showed some intellect if he knew how he did it!

Steven had placed a long piece of scrap metal from the ground to hold the other scrap metal in place, which was probably the smartest thing Steven had ever done!