Chapter 8

(*You can find audio here: www.twitch.tv/videos/1687298616?collection=GraHRFALKhcGLg *)

"How deep will your people go?" Prince Elton suddenly asked David.

David sighed and scratched his head, "They are loyal, no need to ask."

"Then tell them to search even more, to find something to stop the engagement." Prince Elton was then looking at David. "Father won't be driven away by money for something small, it must be something that would ruin reputation or them having nothing left to their name!"

David raised his eyebrows at the Prince, "Having nothing is already in motion, Your Highness. Leonard severely depended upon Cid very much for business, if we could just keep an eye on the business, it should show a steady decline now that Cid has gone."

The Prince also raised his eyebrows, "...You have too much faith in your friend!"

David scoffed, "And you not enough."

Prince Elton laughed and shock his head, "If we could wait a month, that would be better, but the ball is held tomorrow."

"Engagements can be broken, Your Highness." David stated smugly.

The Prince gave some thought to this, while staring at the horizon, "...My sister will not be at fault, but it still won't look good for her."

Putting hands to the back of his head, David sighed, "Cid won't care, he will still marry her!"

The Prince hit David with his empty hand, "Who is to say that Cid can have my sister!?"

Laughing at the Prince, David backed away from him, "Then you will tolerate her being sad?"

"She will have me, there will be no need to be sad!" The Prince declared.

"You really don't know what love is do you?" David stated with his hands up in surrender.

The Prince stood still again and clenched his free hand by his side, "I know what can be achieved without it!"

Shaking his head, David looked at the Prince, "Perhaps it is something that you need to see up close or go through yourself to understand it then. I pity you, Your Highness, that you have not been able to know to any extent what someone may do for love."

The Prince frowned, "I have achieved enough, traveled and will bring peace and prosperity to the kingdom. Love makes people stupid and so I think it would be wrong for me to go through it."

"Whatever, young Prince!" David said, putting his hands down, only to be hit again by the Prince.

"You've become quite disobedient!" The Prince stated openly, kicking David lightly behind the knee and seeing David fall, only to roll away from him.

"Your Highness, please forgive me..." David stated lazily, as he got up and kept a distance away.

Lifting a hand and waving it in annoyance, the Prince frowned, "Away with you!"

David smirked and shrugged, "See you tomorrow at the ball."

Prince Elton watched as his friend David left and sighed. It looks like the engagement will have to continue for now. They will still have to find a decent reason to stop the marriage before the wedding takes place though.

Looking at the palace, to a certain area, Prince Elton's eyes flashed with disgust.

He had to not only stop this wedding but stop his father from being the King of this country!