fin-Yeji

Ryujin and I check on Beomgyu to see how he's doing. I mindlinked my men to take the werewolf and the human responsible for Beomgyu to lock them up. I'll deal with them later but right now all our focus should be on Beomgyu.

I don't want Ryujin to fight for that Alpha position. I don't want her to be someone's target again. 

We're standing outside Beomgyu's room in the hospital while the doctors work on him. Lia and Chaeryeong are also with us and Yuna is probably the one in charge of locking up the two. I'm sure she'll have her fun with those two and torture them for hurting her brother.

"Lia, are you okay?" Ryujin ask the crying girl.

"He's gonna be okay, right? It wasn't enough to kill him?" Lia sobs.

"I didn't know you two were this close" I comment.

"Yeah, you're acting like he's your mate" Chaeryeong chuckles a little bit.

I laugh a little too but I notice Lia looks down.

"Wait" I look at Lia then at Ryujin for no reason.

"You and Beomgyu are mates?!" I cover my mouth.

"That explains why I saw how worried you were earlier" Ryujin doesn't seem as surprised as me by this revelation.

"Since when?" Chaeryeong ask.

"Since I got to this pack. At first, I thought it was crazy because I'm a human turned to werewolf, how can my mate be an Alpha? Beomgyu would secretly see me in my room in the beginning and we talked about whether he would accept me or not as his mate" she pauses and I'm standing, still in disbelief while Ryujin and Chaeryeong are just listening to Lia's story.

"But why didn't you tell any of us? Especially, me? We've been friends for a long time now" I'm a little hurt that she kept this information from me.

"Beomgyu didn't want anyone to know. There are a lot of werewolves and other creatures that want him gone. All of you know what an Alpha's only weakness is" she trails off.

Chaeryeong and I look down because we do know.

"What is it?" Ryujin cutely looks at us for an answer.

"Their mate" I smile at her.

"Alphas weakness is their mate. When we lose our mate, we will constantly have pain in our hearts because our other half is gone but we can live on. We can also die from the pain if we're not strong enough but Alphas die if their mate is killed. There's no possibility of just living with the pain" Chaeryeong explains.

"Beomgyu also didn't want to put me in danger considering that I'm weaker than most werewolves" Lia adds.

"I can't believe all this time you've found your mate and you've acted like you don't have one" I shake my head.

"I'm sorry" she takes it seriously even though I was joking.

"I was kidding. I'm sorry, this probably isn't the right time to do that" I hug her.

The door opens and the doctors exit one by one.

"So?" Lia anticipates the answer.

"He's gonna be okay. We caught it quick enough that we were able to stop it from damaging any vital organs. He's gonna be weak for a while until the silver is completely out of his system. I'm guessing it wasn't their intention to kill him using the silver. It was just to slow him down" the head doctor bows before leaving.

We enter the room and we see Beomgyu actually awake.

Lia runs into his arms and he happily holds her.