Talk-Ryujin

I wake up and I find myself in a hospital room. I look down and Yeji is resting her head on the bed while holding my hand. I slowly get my hand away because I don't want to get used to her touch.

'Irving, you doing okay?' I ask my wolf.

'I'm okay but I don't know if I like the fact that we got hurt while we're in this pack. I thought we would be safe here' he comments.

'How could the vampires get in so easily? It has to be Jinyoung, right? Lisa mentioned that he probably had something to do with me being taken. Having someone working in the inside is the only thing that's making sense. Our mom was even angry at him because of it.'

'I wouldn't put it past him. He betrayed his own sister. So we have to be careful because he might kill us before we kill him and it seems like he's making the vampires do his dirty work' Irving brings up.

"Ryujin? You're awake" I'm suddenly engulfed into a hug.

"Please let me go" I push her away.

"Are you still feeling weak?" She backs away from me but I can see the pain in her eyes.

"A bit. Did you catch the vampires?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, they got away. Jinyoung had my warriors occupied" she heavily breathes out and hearing Jinyoung's name is just confirming his involvement with the vampires.

"You can go now" I say to her.

"Ryujin, give me a chance to prove myself to you" She looks sad.

"You have nothing to prove to me, Yeji. You're not the problem. I am."

"What's the problem? Why were you apologizing to me when you were asleep? What did you do?" She tries to hold my hand again but I move it away before she can take it.

My eyes widen after hearing what she said. I have to be careful now because I might say something when I'm sleeping.

"Where's Ryujin!?" I hear someone shout outside of the room.

The door opens and were met with my mom, Chaeyoung.

"Ryujin, what happened!?" She pushes Yeji to the side so she can be next to me.

"I'm sorry I only found out now. I have the pack mindlink blocked so I don't hear anything" she carefully scans my body to see where I'm hurt.

"From now on you're not leaving my side" I feel bad that she's feeling worried about me but I also like the feeling of having someone care about me.

"I'm okay. I can handle it. It's not like it's the first time I've felt like I was dying" I try to lighten the mood but neither Yeji nor my mom thought that was amusing.

"Chaeyoung, I'll make sure to protect her. Don't worry" Yeji places her hand on my mom's shoulder.

"How did the vampires get in then if you're here to protect her? Aren't you in charge of security for our territory?" Chaeyoung states without looking at my mate.

"It's not her fault. Don't be hard on her. She said Jinyoung had her warriors occupied so the vampires I guess took that opportunity to attack" I try to defend my mate.

Even if I have no plans of being with her, she's still my mate so I should still defend her whenever I can.

"Why did Jinyoung do that?" My mom now faces Yeji.