7| 𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆

Start from the beginning

"Stassie, what the fuck!" She groaned. "You gave him my address!" She said, beginning to panic.

"No, I gave him the address to the apartment down the street." I grinned. "They are going to meet us at the parking lot."

"I'm not looking to date right now Stassie." She whined.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "If not now, when?" I asked her seriously.

Tessa was silent. I need to get my friend out of her shell again.

"It's just one night. They are going to wine and dine us, and then they will drop us home. It will not be that bad."

I walked over to her vanity and began applying my makeup. I recently had my hair done. I installed these 30-inch Brazilian bundles. This time around, I did something a tad different. I had honey-brown streaks in my hair.

Typically, I only have jet-black hair. Growing up, society instilled in me that girls with my skin complexion can only wear black hair, but lately, I've been experimenting more and more with my look. I've grown to care less about what other people think. If I'm going to wear colored hair, I'm going to wear colored hair, and no one can tell me different.

After going back and forth, reluctantly, Tessa finally agreed to go on this date. She honestly needed this. Ever since her father passed away last year, she's been shutting herself off from the world. A little date like this will be a step in the right direction.

I slipped on my boots and doused myself in my favorite perfume before we walked out of the front door.

We met Ahmad and Kameron at the parking lot. They each had a bouquet of red roses. I have never seen the point in flowers, but I suppose I'll take them.

"You are stunning," Kameron said to Tessa with an enamored glint in his eyes as he handed her the bouquet. He was staring at her with such fascination. I get it. My best friend is gorgeous, but I think he was going a little overboard. I can't imagine being around a guy that stared at me like that all day long. I would have probably punched him in the fucking face.

"Thank you." Tessa blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Hmm.

We got in Kameron's red Audi, and he drove us to our destination. We entered a fancy restaurant I'm all too familiar with on the account I used to work here. From the looks of it, there was a brand new staff. I'm pretty certain the management all got fired. For the little time I worked here, I don't recall doing much. All I remember doing when I worked here was giving people their food, and sneaking off to the back to smoke some weed with my coworkers.

I looked over at Tessa to see if she was still uncomfortable, and to my surprise, she looked relaxed. She was actually laughing at a corny joke Kameron made. I was not so lucky. Ahmad was not doing it for me at all.

He kept making gross and inappropriate comments about me and penetrating his perverted glare in my direction. I felt disgusted and exposed. He most likely assumes the night will lead to our body parts touching. If he thinks I'm going to fuck him after this, he got me fucked up.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." I stood up after Ahmad mentioned an obscene comment about putting my nipple in his mouth.

Nasty motherfucker. Can't wait to get out of here.

I took my phone out of my purse and saw I had several missed calls from my mom. I haven't spoken to her in a few days. I might as well kill time while I'm in the bathroom. I was going to do everything I can to avoid that jerk.

"Hi Mommy." My lips curved into a smile.

Without missing a beat, she proceeded to cuss me out in her native tongue, creole. She was infuriated that I have not answered any of her calls in the past three days.