Dealing With The Sulking Floyd

Start from the beginning

Jade: (chuckles) Alright, alright. I was just joking.

Meanwhile, Tokaku strode along Main Street, the sling bag hanging off one shoulder, still feeling irritated after her altercation with Floyd.

Tokaku: Why does he expect me to entertain him constantly? It's exhausting. I'd rather have some peace and quiet.

Suddenly, a rustling sound caught her attention, prompting her to investigate the bushes behind the Great Seven Statues of The Underworld God and The Beautiful Queen.

Tokaku: Who goes there?

...: Ah, you've caught me. Your keen senses don't disappoint, Mer Bleu Lady.

Rook emerged from the bushes.

Tokaku: You?! You're Rook, the junior who nearly shot an arrow at me while I was reading the other day.

Rook: Indeed, it is I, Rook Hunt. At your service, my lady. (bows)

Tokaku: Did you just stalk me from those bushes?

Rook: No, not stalking, merely observing you from afar. I anticipated you'd be passing by.

Tokaku: (narrows her eyes) Your choice of words doesn't convince me that you weren't stalking me. Why were you watching me?

Rook: My intentions were innocent, my lady. Your beauty caught my eye.

Tokaku: My beauty?

Rook: Yes, you're truly stunning. Your azure hair and snow-white skin are captivating, like the sea in winter.

Tokaku: Okay...

Rook: I couldn't help but notice you seemed upset earlier. Did you have a fight?

Tokaku: How do you know?

Rook: Anyone coming from a conflict wears the same expression as you do now, my lady.

Tokaku: If I did, it's no concern of yours.

Rook: Mer Bleu Lady, you're being distant. As your junior, perhaps I could help you resolve your grudge.

Tokaku: I told you, this is none of your business. I don't have time for this. I'm off to class now.

The blue-short-haired girl left Rook behind, feeling even more stressed after her argument with Floyd and now dealing with Rook's peculiar behavior. Rook watched her walk away, arms folded across his chest.

Rook: Hmmm...

Upon reaching her classroom, Tokaku placed her sling bag on her chair and settled in, burying her face in her hands until she was approached by two friends.

Jack: Tokaku.

Tokaku turned to see Jack Howl and Epel Felmier coming towards her desk to greet her.

Tokaku: Oh, Jack, and bringing Epel with you. (looks from Jack to Epel)

Epel: Good morning, Tokaku.

Tokaku: Morning, Epel.

Jack: Did you finish Trein's homework?

Tokaku: Yes, I completed it all last night. (takes out three documents filled with assignment papers and sets them on her desk)

Epel: Wow, you finished them all by yourself in two days?

Tokaku: Not entirely. I did two, and Jade helped me with the difficult questions on the third.

Epel: Really? I heard Jade likes to help, but I didn't know he coached others in studies.

Tokaku: He assisted a freshman, and that freshman happened to be me. So, now you have the clarification.

Epel: You're fortunate to have seniors help you with your homework, Tokaku. I didn't finish mine because I didn't think to ask Rook for help.

Tokaku: Rook?

Epel: Yes, he's the Pomefiore vice president and my senior. You seem familiar with him, Tokaku.

Tokaku: Yeah, it's a long story. I actually bumped into him before school this morning.

Jack: You crossed paths with him?

Tokaku: No, he was "observing" me from the bushes on Main Street. I sensed his presence and spotted him hiding.

Epel: (awkward smile) I see. What happened next?

Tokaku: He mentioned I seemed in a bad mood, not a great start to the day.

Jack: Why were you in a bad mood?

Tokaku:... I had a disagreement with Floyd this morning.

Epel & Jack: What?! Really?

Tokaku: I know, it's surprising since I didn't mention it earlier.

Jack: What caused the argument?

Tokaku: We had a misunderstanding, and Floyd initiated it due to feeling ignored after my absence.

Epel: Why were you absent?

Tokaku: I wasn't intentionally ignoring him; I was occupied with our homework.

Jack: So he thought you ignored him and took issue with it?

Tokaku: Yes.

Jack: ... While it's not my place to meddle in your affairs with Floyd, may I suggest resolving the issue with him when you next see each other?

Tokaku: What?! Jack, you can't be serious. Why do I need to settle up with Floyd?

Jack: Well, the crux of the matter is that Floyd misunderstood your actions, thinking you were ignoring him, right? By clarifying what happened yesterday, there shouldn't be any complications moving forward in your relationship.

Tokaku: I'm not sure that approach would work. Floyd can be quite stubborn, even Jade struggles to get through to him after many attempts.

Jack: Yeah, I forgot about that.

Epel: Nevertheless, it's worth a shot.

Tokaku: Hmm? What do you mean?

Epel: What I'm trying to say is that Jade seems to be the only one who can truly sway Floyd. Weren't you close with him in some way?

Tokaku: We aren't that close, but we're not complete strangers either.

Epel: In that case, perhaps starting with an apology could help bridge the gap between you and Floyd.

Tokaku: Apologize to him?

Epel: Yes, it may not have been entirely your fault initially since you both had a falling out. However, extending a genuine apology could help mend your relationship. Consider it as a starting point to resolve your conflict and potentially improve your bond with Floyd, if you're willing to give it a try.

Tokaku: ... Do I really need to follow through with your suggestion?

Epel: Well, the decision ultimately rests with you. While I may not be fully aware of the dynamics of your relationship, it's always better to address misunderstandings before they escalate, don't you think?

Tokaku: I see... I'll take some time to ponder over it.

Jack: Just try not to dwell on it too much, or you might lose focus on the tasks at hand today.

Tokaku: (giving Jack a skeptical look) Have I ever been known to overthink things?

Jack: Um, nope. I'm just looking out for you, that's all.

Tokaku: It would be more beneficial for you to focus on your own responsibilities.

Epel: Speaking of which, could you assist us with some of the questions from our homework?

Jack: Hey, I was going to suggest that since I'm her first friend!

Tokaku: Jack, the model student, seems to be struggling with our History assignment.

Jack: Well, I do consider myself a perpetual learner.

Tokaku: Since I have a bit of free time, I don't see any reason why I can't help you both with the challenging questions.

Jack & Epel: That's our GIRL!

Following that, Tokaku proceeded to tutor Jack and Epel on their History homework.

To be continued...