2nd Year

(Beginning of school year)

Arriving at the school she was disgruntled by the new teacher Mr

Arriving at the school she was disgruntled by the new teacher Mr. Gildroy Lockheart. She kept telling people that her uncle would be much better for the job. Though when talking to others she never called him her uncle she called him professor Snape. Speaking of which was getting more suspicious of her. She heard from Ron though that he and the rest of the golden trio were pretty sure Snape was evil. This made her laugh on the inside.

From what she found out about Severus is that he was a love sick fool. Falling for Lily. Trying to save her but ultimately failing. It was sad actually. What was absolutely heartbreaking was the fact that Lily was planning on leaving James for Severus. Though the only person that knew that were the goblins. Not even Severus knew. She had no idea if she would ever tell him or not. Probably not. She didn't want to hurt her uncle.

She also learned it was weird to be able to talk to snakes. She found this out when Harry Potter spoke to one. So she kept her mouth closed about the fact that she could. She didn't want to be treated the same way Harry was.

Her and Cedric grew closer. They would talk whenever they had the chance. Sometimes she would find him, waiting to walk her to class. Her favorite moment with him was when they were out by the lake. Some kids had gotten permission to leave Hogwarts and go to Hogsmead and such. Though she chose to stay back. She didn't feel like going.

Lorelai had found a nice place by the lake to sit and think. It probably wasn't best to let her mind think of countless situations. That was when she felt a presence next to her. She looked over and there Cedric Diggory was. He ran his hand through his hair before glancing at her with a smile.

"What are you doing here Hufflepuff?"

"Well, I saw this beautiful Slytherin from across the lake and wanted to see what she was so deep in thought about." Rolling my eyes I looked back at the lake to hide my blush.

"What if she doesn't want to talk about what's on her mind?"

"Then I guess I'll have to find a way to distract her." He said making a face to say he is thinking. The next thing I know I am being picked up and thrown over his shoulder.

"Cedric Diggery, don't think about it. Put me down, this instance." Lorelai tried to scold him though it came out as giggles.

It was long before she felt the cold water of the lake hit her skin. He had thrown her into the lake. Now Lorelai may not have seen many movies but in the ones she did see there was a plan. To get back at people for doing stuff like this. You pretend to drown. They will jump in after you. So that is what she did. So she held my breath and waved my arms around a bit. He immediately jumped in.

When he got to her, she pushed his head under the water before swimming away from him laughing. He had chased her around.

That was one of her favorite memories of her second year at Hogwarts.