chapter thirteen.

Arya was thankfully discharged from the hospital after a few days. Being in the mental ward was definitely not her forte and she would much rather rot in her bed instead of 4 non-decorated walls and awful food.

With bandages around her arm, her brother had specifically told her to be careful otherwise her stitches rip and somehow that scared Arya more than the blade itself.

She followed behind Jaebeom, taking in her home once again and she never felt happy. Looking to her left, on the wooden dining table, she found a strawberry shortcake waiting for her.

"Where's mom? dad?" Arya asked as she walked towards the table with a small smile on her lips. She picked up the small card, reading it and her heart became full.

"Grandma broke her hip so they've been staying over there to help out," Jaebeom replied after landing on the couch with a soft thud. "What's the note?" Jaebeom asked, tucking his arm under his head.

"Riki sent a cake over because he knew I was being discharged today," Arya informed him causing him to roll his eyes.

"Well I obviously know that, I was the one who let the boys in before they left for soccer practice," Jaebeom replied, "The note, ding dong! What'd he say?"

"He said 'Welcome home, Tenshi! I hope you're doing well. Please take care of yourself and try not to do anything too extreme. I'll visit you after practice,'" Arya read aloud which caused Jaebeom to make fake gagging noises. She snapped her head over her shoulder, finding her brother acting as if he wasn't just showing disgust at the note.

"Gross," Jaebeom commented, shivering, "But that's cute. I like that kid, he's adorable... Although ever since he got my number, he's been asking me to play Valorant with him." He sighed, looking over at his little sister who joined him on the couch.

"Sounds about right," Arya shrugged, "It's Riki, he loves video games— He left me to bake alone when he was playing on your PC."

Jaebeom let out a chuckle, shaking his head.

"That kid is a different breed."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Arya giggled, shaking her head as she watched Riki fumble with his phone in his hands

Arya giggled, shaking her head as she watched Riki fumble with his phone in his hands. She moved aside, letting him walk in.

He's been here so many times that Arya took the time to buy him his house slippers. They were a black version of her bear slippers and he wasn't complaining.

Engulfing her into a hug, he repeatedly kissed her cheek as fits of giggles escaped from her mouth.

"I missed you sooooo much," Riki said, "I'm literally dying in math class because I have no one to cheat off of."

"Is that all you want me for?" Arya accused, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows and a forced frown, trying to look as angry as possible.

But to him, she just looked too cute and too much of the angry emoji to even take seriously.