chapter twelve.

this chapter contains graphic details.
please read at your own risk.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jaebeom came home with macaroons in his hands and disheveled hair. He had gotten the text from his mom that she visited her parents which he was glad about.

It had been awhile since Arya and him seen their grandparents, but he was far too tired to visit today. Maybe another day he would see them again.

He climbed up the stairs after putting on his slippers, knocked on Arya's door a few times. Each time there was no answer which made him worried.

His heart started racing, perspiration was starting to form all over his body. It was out of character for Arya to not answer her door, even after he did his secret knock with her.

"Sorry, I'm coming in!" He yelled, swinging the door open.

And with the scene in front of him, his heart dropped and so did the macaroons.

Arya was sprawled on her bed. One blade in her right hand and god awful cuts all over her left wrist. She was staring at the ceiling, mouth agape.

It was as if a cat scratched her— Only there was blood streaming down her arm and onto her bedsheets.

"No, no, no, no, my baby, no," Jaebeom pleaded, running to her body. He checked if she was still breathing which thankfully she was. Tears were pouring out of his eyes.

He threw the blade farther away from her.

Without any hesitation, Jaebeom lifted her body before running to his car, not even changing out of his slippers.

He sped towards the nearest hospital. His vision blurry from the uncontrollable crying, he kept looking at Arya who sat limp in the passenger seat.

Jaebeom came home late.

And he never regretted staying out late until now.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

He picked up her limp body, running towards the entrance of the emergency room.

"Help! Please someone help!" He cried out, alerting staffs who were working. They ran towards him with a stretcher, taking her body from him and he desperately tried to follow them.

He yelled her name over and over, sobs never stopped until she was going through double doors. A nurse stopped him, trying to calm down his flailing body.

"She'll be okay," They kept telling him, but he couldn't hear her.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃