chapter two.

The school day was excruciatingly painful for Arya.

She was convinced her ass was numb from how long she was sitting in that forsaken chair. Thankfully, it was the end of the school day and she couldn't be any more ecstatic.

Arya took one glance at her seatmate who was tidying up his desk, shoving things messily into his backpack without a single word.

Nishimura Riki.

Arya didn't know much about him, though they were mutuals on Instagram. The only thing he'd post is about his dog, Bisco, or about his friend group; never failing to see the stupid shit Heeseung does.

They've only spoken through Instagram— Usually, Arya asks him to send her the ugly photos or clownery videos of Heeseung for blackmail in the future, which Riki fully agreed on.

They weren't close, most definitely not even acquaintances but Heeseung did say he wanted her to make some more friends this year.

"Hi," Arya greeted, looking at Riki with a timid smile. His gaze shifted up from his backpack, blinking at her. He turned his head before pointing at himself.

"Me?"
"No, the wall behind you," She stated with sarcasm lacing her words.

Riki looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and what he said next made her literally curl into a ball internally.

"Why would you say hi to a wall?"

She closed her eyes, heaving a big sigh. "I knew you were stupid, but I didn't think you were this stupid." She commented, earning a dramatic gasp from him.

"Rude! But yeah, hey. You're Arya, right? Heeseung's friend or whatever?" Riki tilted his head, pointing at her lazily with his pointer finger. All she did was nod.

"What are you saying yes to? Your name or Heeseung's friend?"
"Bro, I literally already can't stand this conversation because of how stupid you are."

Riki stayed quiet before an 'Ah' expression came over his facials. "You were saying yes to both. My fault, I'm genuinely not even mentally in this conversation."

"You seem to not be anywhere mentally from your texts this morning." Arya stifled a laugh before getting up and slinging her backpack straps over her shoulders. His confusion grew as he watched her be so nonchalant about what she just said.

"Did I text you? I don't even think I've spoken to you since summer."
"Nah, you didn't. Jungwon showed me the messages because Heeseung—"
"Called you a bumble gum dumb ass bi— OUCH?"

Arya had punched his arm with eyes of fury and her nostrils enlarged. She huffed before running a hand through her silky black hair.

"What was that for?" Riki snapped, crossing his arms over his chest. He was not quite pleased with this girl's attitude; then again, from how Heeseung talked about her— or to her, it seemed to be her normal demeanor.

"You repeated what he said and now I'm mad, simple! I'll beat that League of Legends fucker to a pulp one day." She murmured, pushing in her chair before looking back at him. "Nice talking to ya, Riki. I will see you tomorrow!"

Arya waved before happily walking out of class, with a pep in her step if you will. He stood there, dumbly at her attempt of making small talk though it was entertaining.

"Riki!" A voice called out causing him to turn around and met several heads at the door. "C'mon man! We can't miss dance practice again."

Riki smiled warmly before swinging his backpack over his shoulders and jogging towards them. They all walked out of the building together, cracking jokes and doing stupid things just for laughs.