4| 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕

Start from the beginning

I took a couple of steps back and took out my phone from my purse. I took several incriminating pictures of them. I don't know why I did it. I don't know why I do half the things I do, but I felt as if these photos will come in handy one day.

I snuck back downstairs, and I spotted Opal sitting at the kitchen counter. She just arrived. If Opal is here, that means Mr. Roman is close by. I had to tell her what I saw before he shows up.

"Girl!" I roared at her with so much excitement, I felt like I was going to combust.

Opal being used to my antics by now seemed to not be startled by my over the top persona.

"What?" Opal said calmly as she flipped through her planner book in front of her.

"You won't believe who I just seen kissing!" I squealed like an excited little girl having her first taste of candy.

In the couple of months I've lived here, there has been nothing to gossip about. It has been a complete snooze fest. I am a person who feeds on drama like this.

Opal looked at me for a few seconds and it clicked. We can read each other mind. It must be a black girl thing.

"Yes, I know, girl. You saw them, huh?" Opal sighed.

"GIRL!" I gasped.

"Mhmm. Those motherfuckers are so wrong." She spat, shaking her head.

I have to say, Opal's code switch is the most impressive one I've seen.

"How long has that been going on?" I clapped my hands. "I don't know, and I don't want to know. Stassie, listen to me when I tell you that you better stay out of them white people's business. Just do your job and don't say nothing." Opal said before taking a sip of her coffee.

What's the fun in that?

"Does Mr. Roman know?" I asked.

"Girl, no." She quickly shook her head. "He don't know Jack shit. If he finds out, he will probably try to kill them both. You know he has a terrible temper. I don't know why he married that hoe in the first place. Nobody likes her." Opal said, standing up from her chair.

"His brother seem to like her." I giggled. "Stassie, quit being messy." Opal laughed.

"Oh, and I took a picture of them." I gave an evil smile.

"Stassie, You did not!" Opal gasped.

Does she not know who I am?

I took out my phone and showed Opal a picture of Theo and Minka kissing in the hallway.

"You are messy as hell!" Opal laughed hysterically at the photos. "Hurry and send me those pictures." She added.

The two of us burst into laughter.

Mr. Roman seems like such a sweet guy. I kind of felt bad for him.

"What are you ladies laughing about?" Mr. Roman asked with an amused smile as he was entering the kitchen.

"Oh, I was showing Opal a picture of my cat." I lied on the spot.

I don't even have a cat.

Sometimes I surprise myself with the shit that comes out of my mouth. Why the fuck I said I had a cat for?

"Oh." Mr. Roman turned his head, confused. "Well, I guess now that I have you here. I've been thinking a lot about how everything played out yesterday, and I think we should talk." Mr. Roman said to me. He turned his head and darted his eyes at Opal. "Opal, can you give me and Stassie some privacy please?" He said in a firm tone.