Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

There were many large equipment stations lined up in rows with a walkway in between each of the rows. Aerial Drones brought supplies to each station where the robots would take the supplies. Robots performed heavy lifting and manual labor while humans operated the machines. There were conveyor belts on either side of the walkway that allowed quick movement from one side to the other on the production floor. The noises that filled the air were hundreds, maybe even thousands, of machines all working at once.

"These machines produce the parts needed to create a lot of the medical equipment that you are used to seeing in hospitals across many countries," Dr. Iris explained.

"We also produce a lot of robots that you see in major cities," Dr. Warren added.

"Is this where they make all those drones you see in the city?" Kristonia asked.

"Yes, this facility makes much of what you see in major cities. The production here is 24/7 nonstop, and this is one of many facilities DNA Labs has across the globe," Dr. Warren explained.

We continued our tour to the perimeter of the floor space. More labs lined the perimeter of the production facility.

"It is here that technology, such as the spinal implant you will receive, specialists developed as well as designed it. Then, following the design approval, mass production begins on this very floor, and the others like it," Dr. Warren announced as we walked into the lab.

"So, does everything happen here?" I asked curiously.

"Not everything. Lab One creates the prototype, then sends it to one of the many labs to undergo final design research. It will go through several labs like this before its completion," Dr. Iris explained.

"Wow, that's so amazing. I would have thought more went into it than that?" Kristonia replied.

"DNA Labs sends the results of all of their research to Lab One for further refinement. So, yes, more steps are involved, but Lab One will be the last place where specialists will perfect the end design," Dr. Warren responded.

"So, it's kind of like crowd research, where everyone works towards the same goal," Kristonia questioned.

"That's correct. As a result, promising research is fast-tracked to completion," Dr. Iris replied as we headed down the corridor.

The corridor was about one hundred yards in total and on each side of the hallway had a moving conveyor floor. I paid close attention to the people and robots moving down each conveyor floor, which Dr. Warren noticed.

"Those are the expressways. It allows quick transportation from one part of the building to the next. There are three to four conveyors per expressway with a holographic barrier to separate it from the stationary floor," Dr. Warren explained as we approached the entrance to one of the automated factories.

It had an identical layout to the previous building. Dr. Iris led us to the closed room to our right and entered it. We passed by a one-way mirror into what looked to be a control center.

"Instead of labs lining the perimeter of this building, there are control rooms in their place. Here the operators control and monitor all the activity on the floor. No human workers are on the production floor, and everything is completely automatic." Dr. Iris explained.

"Robots or drones handle all packaging and shipping from here. Right down to the loading of the drone trucks, which head directly to the airport to be distributed across the world," Dr. Warren added.

"We do everything here and send it around the world. I thought Amazon was the only company with that capability," I answered, pleased as my admiration grew.