Excuse me what did you say

Cassie's cheeks exploded with color as she slapped a hand over her mouth, her eyes darting to her friend who was leaning against a nearby locker, arms crossed against her chest somehow managing to look both uninterested and vaguely disappointed.

" Pardon?'' Shoto's voice snapped Cassie's attention back forward. Jesus christ his voice was like butter. Cassie was panicking, what was even happening? Why was she reacting like this? Nothing made sense, Cassie's mind was more scrambled than the eggs that the cafeteria was serving.

A strangled laugh escaped Cassie's lips while she waved her hands frantically in the air as if she were performing an interpretive dance to the very much evident delight of Ray who was cackling uncontrollably in the background, her fisaude of disinterest having crumbled like Cassie's will to live.

Shoto cleared his throat glancing at Ray from the corner of his eye before directing his attention back to the pinkette in front of him. " Fox it's been quite a while hasn't it? " he asked in a monotone voice.

So not only did this boy look like he was carved from marble, he spoke like he was as well. Cassie thought to herself jokingly before once more wondering what happened to the little boy she had befriended back when she was just a child.

It was obvious people change over the years and she knew that if and when she found her childhood love again he would obviously be different. It was just that something seemed so very wrong, like his personality did a whole backflip and jumped off a cliff just from that one question he asked her.

" Y- yeah it um... it has been awhile Sho " despite her worry Cassie offered the tall boy a wide smile which he sadly did not return. Shoto nodded his head pausing for a moment as if thinking about what he was going to say next.

" I heard from Midoriya that we had a new student sharing your last name. I figured it was you." Shoto explained coldy, face devoid of emotions. Cassie fought back the urge to shiver, nodding her head quietly, instead waiting for him to keep talking.

Shoto glanced at Ray again who was watching their conversation intently, red eyes narrowing at the dual haired boy. " I have come to tell you that I am not here to make friends. I will be the number one pro hero and I do not have time for distractions. "