Best friends forever

Cassie opened her eyes, squinting from the harsh fluorescent lights of the nurses office. She didn't know how she ended up there but more than likely one of her classmates had brought her to Recovery girl after she had passed out.

Cassie groaned, combing her hands through her long tangled pink hair, massaging her temples which still throbbed dully. Cassie tried her best to think back to what had happened before she had blacked out at the USJ.

She remembered falling and being caught by Todoroki. The pinkette gasped sitting upright on the bed she had been previously laying down on causing her body to send jolts of pain to her limbs in complaint.

Todoroki had brought her here, not just brought her, he had carried her here. She could vaguely remember the feeling of his toned body pressing against hers as a comforting warmth spread throughout her whole being.

Glancing around the room revealed she was alone in the nurse's office and Cassie's wide goofy smile fell back into a neutral expression. If he had cared enough to bring her here, he certainly hadn't cared enough to stay and see her wake up.

For the moment she was alone in Recovery Girls office, laying on-top of the school issued cot which was less than comfortable, she was still content with the bed seeing as she could have been asleep on the floor or somewhere else.

It registered to Cassie that despite being on her own in the room, it was rather clear by the lack of people, the pinkette didn't quite feel as if she were truly alone. She could feel another presence in the room but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't for the life of her figure out where the presence was omitting from. 

If she didn't know any better the poor girl would've assumed someone to be watching through the nurses window across from her on the other side of the room. She was probably just being paranoid there was no reason to stress herself out, everything was fine.

The girl's thoughts shifted to her best friend, wondering what had happened to her and if she were okay. Cassie almost felt guilty that Ray hadn't been her first priority upon waking up but she couldn't help feeling giddy about her interaction with Todoroki.

The way he had squeezed her hand when they were hiding, whether it to be to reassure himself or her, Cassie could care less. He had still held her hand of his own acorde and without any hesitation in the matter.

She could still feel the warmth of his hand enveloping hers. As she lost herself in her silent swooning she paid no attention to the nurse's office door sliding open as her upset blue haired friend stormed in.

" I can't believe you went and tried to take on the main villain alone! Are you fucking dumb!" Ray fumed sitting next to her best friend making the flimsy bed dip with the weight of the girl slamming her body down on it.

Cassie snapped out of her thoughts sheepishly smiling at her best friend who glared daggers at the dazed girl. " I'm glad you're okay Ray. " Cassie ignored her friend's anger, already knowing she was just putting up a tough act.

The pinkette stretched her sore body out flinging her arms around her blue haired friend who had smoke practically pouring out of her pointy ears, her fists clenched in anger at her sides. The second Cassie's arms were around her though the angry girl's posture changed.

Her shoulders slumped, fists unballing moving to pull her friend into a tight embrace. The scene was touching as Ray buried her head against her friend's shoulder. Cassie knew she was upset so she just sat quietly and let her best friend vent.

" You idiot, do you know how worried I was when I heard you passed out!" Rays voice was muffled by the clothing Cassie was wearing but her voice was still distinct enough for the pinkette to understand.

Cassie gently stroked her friend's long dark blue curly hair through her tanned fingers to sooth her. " You could have died out there dumbass! You could have fucking died." Ray sobbed, her tears soaking Cassie's shirt.

Ray wasn't one to cry in front of others as her mother had drilled it into the girls head that crying was a sign of weakness, Cassie was 90% sure she was the only person to see her best friend cry. She had to admit every time it happened her heart broke a little bit. And this time she was the reason why her friend was crying.

" I know, I know it was dumb but i'm not dead Ray I'm right here." The pinkette spoke softly to her best friend making sure she would be okay. After a bit Ray pulled away sitting about an arms length away from Cassie rubbing at her eyes.

Ray punched Cassie's shoulder lightly with a small frown on her face and Cassie winced in slight pain. " Don't ever scare me like that again you dumb bitch." She joked the mood instantly lightening and Cassie couldn't hold back her laughter which Ray was quick to join in on.

Both girls' laughter rang through the empty room as they sat together on the nurse's bed. This was what made both of them so inseparable. Moments like these were what made their friendship so special.

Cassie smiled up at her best friend who couldn't not smile back, and soon the room was filled with the two girls' laughter once more. " best friends forever " Cassie and Ray said in unison, locking their pinky fingers together in an unspoken promise.

Both girls were both so consumed in their antics that they didn't hear the nurses office door open behind them. Standing in the doorway was the person who had brought the pinkette to the nurse in the first place. A very relieved Shoto Todoroki stood in the doorway watching the cheerful girl with her best friend.