brance- lover boy (short)

Vance's voice is deep and infused heavily with sleep. "B?"

Bruce clutches his phone a little tighter, staring up at his dark ceiling. The walls tower over him and he lets out a shaky breath.

"Is something wrong?"

He sounds so concerned and Bruce feels strangely selfish and troublesome for calling him so late. The clock numbers on the bedstand glare an angry "3:12 AM" beside him.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to hear your voice."

It seems like so long since he's seen his boyfriend. Life is so hectic, between work and school.

Vance's silent for a minute. Then,
"I miss you baby."

The tightness in Bruce's chest starts to dissipate. "Me too."

There's a shuffling like covers being thrown off and the phone being rearranged. "Remember how I used to sneak into your room every night and then crawl out the window in the morning before your mom woke you up?"

Bruce laughs softly. "More like you fell out. I swear it's a miracle you only broke your arm once."

Vance makes a soft cooing noise. "You were the cutest signature on my cast."

"I was the only one. You wouldn't let anyone else touch it after I wrote on it."

"Well Lover Boy, hopefully I've gotten better at climbing. I'm headed over now."

Bruce hears the jingling of his truck keys and the walls seem a little less intimidating in the early morning light. "I love you V."

Vance hums. "I love you too Bruce."

—————

WGARR

WGARR