Enemy

The next few hours, news traveled through factions a that Katherine and Ms. Stone were dead and the last people who was there with them was Jackson, Lydia, Miranda, Ivy, Forest, and Riley.

All wanted.

Jackson kept a look out as the news traveled in the hospital. Some of the doctors helped them out, hiding them safely as Lydia gotten more better.

Their friends hasn't come by since they went to the second hideout for a while.

Lydia sat up from her bed, slowly putting her pants on as Jackson was leaning against the door, looking out. "Jack." Lydia said very softly enough for Jackson to hear her.

He turned his gaze at her, seeing her struggling with her pants and smiled at her.

"Silly Lyd." He walks over to her, crouching down to help her slide them on.

She smiled softly, biting her lip to be careful about her stomach and chest being sore.

"Thanks." She said quietly to him. Her voice gotten quiet since she came back, not wanting to hurt her chest every time she's talks.

"No problem princess, I supposed I have to help you with your glass slipper?" He says jokingly.

She smiled and shakes her head no. "Nah, I think I got it."

He smiled slightly and looked up at her. He saw her color was coming back since she was pale for awhile. He was happy that she was fully back with him. He really loves her.

He gently takes her hand and kisses it gently.

Lydia rolled her eyes playfully at him and smiled more. "Seriously?"

"What? I'm trying to lighten up the mood."

She sighed. "Jackson, not now please."

He nodded and stands."Sorry."

"It's fine. Is it bad that I'm still tired? She looked up at him.

"No, you just need to rest. But we can't since we're on the run."

"Riiiight."

He smiled at her for her being sarcastic, especially at this time of what's happening. "We need to go.."

She nods yet hesitated, haven't gotten up for almost three weeks and lift up her arms out to him for him to pick her up.

He sighs and carefully picks her up, holding her close in his arms as she smiled.

"Thank you, Jack Jack."

"No problem." He grinned at her softly, never heard her say that to him since they were kids.

He turns back and heads out of the room, checking if no one is here as the doctors gave them heads up that the coast was clear and scurried down the hall, racing outside.

~~~~

They safely made it to the fence without no one noticing them as they stare at the fence in wonder and awe. Lydia hasn't seen it close up before. Not like last time when she half dead. Jackson placed Lydia down gently as she stands, holding him close. They stood there in silent till Lydia broke the silence.

"So, this is it?" Lydia asked softly to him.

"I believe so, Lydia. There's no else to go after."

He sigh and gently reached out to hold her hand. She smiled slowly by his touch and turned to face him.

"But what about Chicago? The factions, the choosing ceremonies, the rest of the remaining Divergents? They have no where to go besides where we're going." She gazed out into the city as she spoke.

Jackson stayed quiet, watching Lydia think as he touched her shoulder.

"This isn't our fight anymore, Lydia."He said softly to her.

"It still is, make it ours, They're going to find a more ruthless leader soon unless we stop it. For good."She strongly recommended, looking over at him.

Jackson looked at her, seeing how much she's changed since Amity and now as he nods.

"I know but, we been through enough. We can finally leave Chicago for good and make a new life with our friends. We won the war Lydia, we won."

He softly cups her face, looking into her eyes. She smiled a little but pulls away from his soft touch, looking back out to the city.

"But that's the problem Jackson, I know we won but we didn't win the battle, We're gonna have to face more evil leaders, sooner or later and there's nothing we can do about it." She spoke once more then softly whispered under her breath as she let's go of Jackson's hand, walking to the fence's direction.

"There will be a new enemy."