New Meaning

Hours later, Lydia is getting ready for her test. Nervous as she is, she began to take deep breaths as she looked at herself in the mirror. "I'm gonna be fine.. I'll pass. Even if I'm different." She smiled at herself and headed to the hallway as she was about to go down stairs to leave when she heard her mom's and Jackson's voices.

"She's nervous, I can tell. But you need to help her with wither choice she makes" Her mom said softly to Jackson. "About what?" Lydia whispered to herself as she peeked out to see her mom and her best friend sitting. Jackson nods. "So, you want me to go to Dauntless with her?" He said confused. Her mom nods. "Yes."

"But why? She's perfectly fine at making her own decisions.." Jackson asked, still confused as Lydia was trying to understand too. "From Katherine's people." Her mom said frightened. "They're looking for people who are different like Lydia and you .. I know you'll protect her, Right?"

He nods again. "Good. She's trusts you with all her heart, so I have to do the same for her." Lydia smiled slightly. "But.. Um.. One more question". Jackson asked softly.

"How are we different?" Her mom shakes her head in annoyment. "Your mind is different from others, It opens new passages for you and makes you think in different ways. Sometimes dangerous. Katherine is worried that if more people think like that, they'll take over the Government. So she sents people out to do the job." Her mom explained to Jackson. "Does it has a name?" Jackson asked again.

Her mom nodded her head. "Yes. It's called  Divergent." Lydia was shock that her mom knows so much about this, that she didn't even tell her herself. She slowly walked back to her room and began to learn more about the meaning of Divergent.  Lydia's mind was blown when she realize what she is.  "Divergent.." She whispered to herself. "I am a Divergent. And so was Tris, Tobias, and many others." She smiled a little.

"Well.. That explains alot of things about me." She said to herself sarcastically.