Beyond The Fence

They've been walking for hours and Lydia knew she wasn't going to make it.

Jackson kept alert from James and the others as he kept looking back at Lydia.

She smiled every time he turned around to keep him not worrying too much.

He quickly unload his gun and sees how many bullets he has left. 20 Left.

He sighed aggressively and look back at Lydia.

She was on the ground, partly unconscious.

"Lydia!" He quickly scooped her up and checked her.

Injured. He thought. 

She whined in pain and looked at Jackson.

"Do you think we can go to the HQ?"

He looked at her in pain.

"We can't, but I know somewhere we can go hide for now."

Lydia smiled softly and lats her head besides Jackson's chest.

Hours later, Lydia woke up slightly. She first realize that she was in a bed and not in her room anymore.

She got up quickly, looking for Jackson and heard him in the other room.

She glanced at her body and realized she had on a grey tank top and black PJ shorts.

Glancing at her shoulder and leg, It was clean and bandage up.

She still felt pain but ignore it when she got up quietly.

Hearing Jackson's voice again, she hurried to him till she heard a another familiar voice and stopped by the hallway to listen.

"When do you think she's going to wake up?" Jackson asked worried.

"I'd just check her an hour ago, maybe a day. She been through enough." Ms. Stone said calmly.

Lydia quietly peeks her head to see as Jackson hopped on a hi-tech touch screen computer and started typing something.

"How badly do you think she going to take the news?" Ms. Stone asked serious.

"She's not going to know." He said quietly.

"She's needs to, Jackson.."

He said nothing, just ignored her as he look at the computer.
"Jackson!" Ms. Stone yelled at him, making Lydia jump.

He groans in frustration and slams his fist on the table.

"She's not going to find out!" He yelled.

"She doesn't needed to know,
We'll- I'll keep it a secret."
Ms. Stone quickly got up and angrily responding to him back.

"She needs to know about her parents someday. She's trust you.."

Pain gripped in Lydia's heart like icy fingers, squeezing the warmth out of her lifeless body when she heard about her parents.

She step in the room with angry tears streaming down her face, clutching her fist tightly.

"W-What happened?"

They both turned around, regretting for everything they say.

"Lydia, please let me explain." Jackson walked to her slowly.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!?!" She screamed at both of them.

"They're gone.. Katherine got the message from James that you are a Divergent and killed your parents."