static

Neymar is my best friend, ive been by his side since we were teenagers, and ive always supported him. Not only do I love him, but im in love with him as well. Im not sure if he feels the same, he says he loves me, but does he just see me as a friend? 

Lately, hes been different, I know hes struggling right now, he lost the World Cup, and he hasn't been winning or playing well in his recent games. He's having issues in his personal life aswell, he doesnt like to open up too much, but I know something went down with some of his close friends in his team, and they aren't on speaking terms anymore. 

I understand hes going through it, but that isn't an excuse for him to treat me like shit, and act like this. He comes home most nights past midnight, drunk and high. He doesnt tell me where hes been, and I never get a call or even a damm text. Then he gets angry and aggressive with me so easily, telling me to shut up and its none of my business. It hurts to see the person I love most, want nothing to do with me. 

its a Friday night, and ive been woken up once again, by the loud noise of neymar coming home. I walk downstairs annoyed, to find him stumbling through the front door next to some random girl hes brought home. I feel a sharp pain in my heart as I see his arm around the shoulders of this girl, I really thought we maybe had a chance, but I was wrong.

"y/n" he slurs out, acknowledging my presence. The girl looks over at me with a nasty glare on her. "neymar what is wrong with you" I say bitterly. He puts his drink down and takes a step closer to me, putting his finger in my face. "fuck sake y/n, leave me alone for one god damn night please" he yells aggressively. I feel the rage build up inside me.

As he gets closer to my face, I smell the alcohol, and I can slightly see the leftover residue of cocaine, sitting around the edges of his nose. now hes out doing drugs, this isn't the same man I fell in love with. 

"you got something in your nose" I calmy say, making me realise that hes made it obvious to me what hes done. He quickly rubs his nose, still staring at me with eyes Ive never seen before.

"sniffing that k did you fill the hole? do you feel good about yourself"  I scold him. his face softens, as regret fills his insides.

"neymar, I hope you find peace for yourself, but a new girlfriend isn't gonna fill the void" I say looking over at the new chick whos standing awkwardly in the corner of the room. 

He rolls his eyes at me, turning around, mumbling a quick 'lets go' to the girl as he grabs his car Keys, ready to walk out. 

"the more and more you try to run away, youre just fucking yourslef over" I say to his back, watching him open the door and leave once again.

sorry this ones super random but its inspired by the song "static" by Steve lacy :)